Flicker is the problem certain lights have, exhibiting a subtle pulsating or strobing effect, most of the time barely noticeable by the human eye - however, more organizations are paying attention to flicker because it is being implicated in triggering a host of health related issues such as epilepsy attacks, migraines, fatigue, reduced visual task performance, distraction and visual impairment.
Do you see the invisible problem of flicker? UPRtek - the handheld spectrometer manufacturer cares the issue that most normally ignored, therefore, UPRtek designed a Flicker meter, add Flicker measurement functions to the new generations and invite all lighting experts increase the lighting quality for new LED lights.
The source of this problem is the power current, particularly a conflict with the mains (from the outlet) and the power supply (of the light). Dimmers also induce or increase flicker. All lights running on AC power have this problem to a certain degree. Fluorescent lights had long been most criticized for high flicker before more recent advances.
Now LEDs are also beginning to exhibit the same symptoms. LEDs further complicate the issue with their changing power needs that come with temperature fluctuations. LEDs should be equipped with what is called an LED driver. It sits between the power supply of the light and the light itself. It's main function is to regulate or maintain a constant voltage to the LED - a well designed driver will adequately mitigate the problems of flicker. If an LED is equipped with components for other types of lights (e.g. transformers), this will also cause flicker problems.
State and Light Energy agencies are already beginning to address this serious problem with draft regulations in progress. The Russian government, after reviewing exhaustive studies, has implemented a ban on LED devices with high flicker rates. Organizations such as Energy Star, IEC, IEEE, EPA are all considering Flicker standards at the time of this writing on 02/2014.
The new released product MF250N Flicker Meter on 2015 and the product of 2016 IES Progress Report, is also supporting Flicker Index, Percent Flicker, Flicker time, frequency domain and spectrum real time monitoring, which are meeting IES / ASSIST / ENERGY STAR / VESA specification definition to assist you to fight Flicker effetely.
UPRtek set the goal to provide the 1st flicker measurement handbook and to be the pioneer of educating the market to get a better understanding of flicker. UPRtek had consulted with panel manufacturers, lighting designers, lighting engineers and some international standard members of flicker measuring; it took almost one year for data collection, writing and design for the flicker educational material. In December 2016, UPRtek officially releases the newest Flicker Handbook for our readers, we hope it can help to understand flicker more and then control the flicker, at last get rid of the harm from it.
- Related Products
UPRtek Compact MK350D is the pocket-Sized spectrometer in the world and released in 2014. It is only 70g and easy to carry. Measurement light units are more than 27, such as CCT, LUX, CRI, CIE1976 u, v’, CIE1931 x, y, Spectrum diagram, Percent Flicker and others. Until now, MK350D is standalone, the lightest Bluetooth smart control Handheld Spectrometer and Flicker Meter.
MK350N Premium is a Spectrum Analyzer, LED Meter and Flicker Meter for LED manufacture. Embedded with spectral technology and optimize the LUX measuring range. Overall, the measuring result becomes more accurate which can be your best reliable helper.
MF250N Handheld Spectral Flicker Meter-The 1st Handheld Flicker Meter with spectral technology. It is also a FFT Spectrum Analyzer, Light wave Meter and Frequency Analyzer. It provides 3 major metrics that lighting experts use to fight Flicker and ensure the light quality.
- About Us
- Case Study
- Application Videos
- UPRtek PG100N Handheld Spectral PAR meter Selected for 2017 IES Progress Report
- Grasp the secret of photosynthesis - PG100N Handheld Spectral PAR meter
- UPRtek New Version Update For Handheld Spectrometer - CV600 Spectral Color Meter (Version 1.0.3.B6)
- UPRtek New Version Update For Handheld Spectrometer - MK350N Premium (Version 1.1.0.B23)
- uFlicker -- The gatekeeper of Flicker
- New Generation Model - MK350N Premium Spectrometer
- UPRtek Handheld Spectrometer with Industrial Application DM Helps You Quickly Understand Product Orientation
- UPRtek's MK350N PLUS Handheld Spectrometer Wins 2017 Red Dot Award: Industrial Design, the Red Dot: Winner
- UPRtek uSpectrum PC Software New Version Released: Version 18.104.22.168
- UPRtek USA Distributor-Gamma Scientific Offers MK350S Advanced Handheld Spectrometer in North America
Product - Handheld Spectrometer
- Is there any international certification for UPRtek Handheld Spectrometers?
- What kind of battery should I use for MF250N?
- Why the SD card always stuck on the slot while in / out the slot?
- How long can I use UPRtek handheld spectrometer after battery had fully charged?
- Why my SD card cannot be used on UPRtek handheld spectromter?
- Product - uSpectrum SW
- Product - Wing WiFi Card
- Product - Measuring Light
- Knowledge - Artificial Light
- Knowledge - Light
- Knowledge - Color
- Knowledge - Tech Notes
- Product - Handheld Spectrometer
- Contact Us
Spectrometer Software | Spectrometer Supplier - UPRtek
Based in Taiwan, UPRtek is one of the prime spectrometer manufacturers since 2010.
Award winning, conforms to ISO14001, JIS, DIN and meets IECQ standards, along with handheld spectrometer and smart controller, UPRtek has also developed products that are applicable to various industries such as spectrometer software, wireless card, LED meter, LED light tester and wireless card.
UPRtek has been offering customers high quality spectrometer | LED light tester that are infused with a formula of practicality, mobility, green technology and intelligence. Both with advanced technology and 8 years of experience, UPRtek ensures each customer's demands are met.