LED Design and Research
Speaking of natural lights, we normally refer it to sunlight, moonlight or even starlight. Light is the brightness that lets us see things in the dark and I believe you will not deny that light actually contains more than this.
After artificial lights created, natural lights no longer limited human life. For example, artificial lights make a factory running for 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Technology produced categories of artificial lights, and applying it to specific field to discover more possibilities around us.
Looking back the history of artificial lights, artificial lighting designer they are trying to improve the next generation light become energy efficient, longer life span, cooler, shockproof and non-toxic. However, LED light quality and color can be quite unpredictable. Therefore, light measurement equipments are important to make the lighting designer's job easier.
Here is an actual experience for a LED heat sink research using MK350 that discovers more of light.
Performance of Light Emitting Diode on Surface Machined Heat Sink
S. Shanmugan*, D. Mutharasu, O. Zeng Yin Nano Optoelectronics Research Laboratory, School of Physics, Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM), 11800, Minden, Pulau Penang, Malaysia.
Heat Sink Design Research Source:https://www.smtnet.com/library/files/upload/LED-performance.pdf
Heat Sink Design Research
University researchers have already conducted experiments using the MK350 to uncover optimal designs for LED heat sinks to minimize LED light and color degradation over time.
Publish or Perish
University Professors and Lighting Designers write books about lighting both from a design perspective and from teaching perspective. The MK350 is a cost-effective, easy-to-use alternative to otherwise expensive, bulky equipment that must be borrowed or rented.
- Related Products
MK350N Premium is a Spectrum Analyzer, LED Meter and Flicker Meter for LED manufacture. Embedded with spectral technology and optimize the LUX measuring range. Overall, the measuring result becomes more accurate which can be your best reliable helper.
Advanced MK350S the 1st handheld Spectrometer cross to muti-industrials. It had more than 40 light measurement units which are CCT, LUX, CRI, CIE1976, CIE1931,PPF, CQS, Duv, LambdaP, S/P ratio, TLCI, GAI... No matter for RD lighting designers, lighting manufactory and quality control, interior light designers, horticulture measurement, cinematographer and health prevention...and so on.MK350S is designed to meet the needs of all users.
UPRtek Compact MK350D is the pocket-Sized spectrometer in the world and released in 2014. It is only 70g and easy to carry. Measurement light units are more than 27, such as CCT, LUX, CRI, CIE1976 u, v’, CIE1931 x, y, Spectrum diagram, Percent Flicker and others. Until now, MK350D is standalone, the lightest Bluetooth smart control Handheld Spectrometer and Flicker Meter.
MF250N Handheld Spectral Flicker Meter-The 1st Handheld Flicker Meter with spectral technology. It is also a FFT Spectrum Analyzer, Light wave Meter and Frequency Analyzer. It provides 3 major metrics that lighting experts use to fight Flicker and ensure the light quality.
CV600 - All purpose Professional Cinematic and Photographic Light meter. It is not only a Light meter, but also a Color meter, Cine meter and Exposure meter a quicker, more efficient measurements for cinematographer, videographer, video makers, and film producers to capture every life moment!
The plant growth's success formula - PPFD (photosynthetic photon flux density) What is PPFD? It means how many photons hit a defined area in one second. PPFD is the unit of measure, defined by μmol/m2/s or micro-moles of photons falling on a square meter per second. Plant has various species and different categories which have different PPFD requirements. Normally, Photosynthetically available Radiation (PAR) wavelength is 400nm - 700nm. The light intensity has valuable effects on the plant due to the different wavelengths.
- About Us
- Case Study
- Application Videos
- UPRtek PG100N Handheld Spectral PAR meter Selected for 2017 IES Progress Report
- Grasp the secret of photosynthesis - PG100N Handheld Spectral PAR meter
- UPRtek New Version Update For Handheld Spectrometer - CV600 Spectral Color Meter (Version 1.0.3.B6)
- UPRtek New Version Update For Handheld Spectrometer - MK350N Premium (Version 1.1.0.B23)
- uFlicker -- The gatekeeper of Flicker
- New Generation Model - MK350N Premium Spectrometer
- UPRtek Handheld Spectrometer with Industrial Application DM Helps You Quickly Understand Product Orientation
- UPRtek's MK350N PLUS Handheld Spectrometer Wins 2017 Red Dot Award: Industrial Design, the Red Dot: Winner
- UPRtek uSpectrum PC Software New Version Released: Version 188.8.131.52
- UPRtek USA Distributor-Gamma Scientific Offers MK350S Advanced Handheld Spectrometer in North America
Product - Handheld Spectrometer
- Is there any international certification for UPRtek Handheld Spectrometers?
- What kind of battery should I use for MF250N?
- Why the SD card always stuck on the slot while in / out the slot?
- How long can I use UPRtek handheld spectrometer after battery had fully charged?
- Why my SD card cannot be used on UPRtek handheld spectromter?
- Product - uSpectrum SW
- Product - Wing WiFi Card
- Product - Measuring Light
- Knowledge - Artificial Light
- Knowledge - Light
- Knowledge - Color
- Knowledge - Tech Notes
- Product - Handheld Spectrometer
- Contact Us
Spectrometer Software | Spectrometer Supplier - UPRtek
Based in Taiwan, UPRtek is one of the prime spectrometer manufacturers since 2010.
Award winning, conforms to ISO14001, JIS, DIN and meets IECQ standards, along with handheld spectrometer and smart controller, UPRtek has also developed products that are applicable to various industries such as spectrometer software, wireless card, LED meter, LED light tester and wireless card.
UPRtek has been offering customers high quality spectrometer | LED light tester that are infused with a formula of practicality, mobility, green technology and intelligence. Both with advanced technology and 8 years of experience, UPRtek ensures each customer's demands are met.