Light and Agriculture
Indoor Agriculture has been increasingly gaining interest as a means for plant assisted growth using artificial light. This has ramifications for supplemental food production during winter months, especially in regions with short days and reduced sunlight. This technology also has the commercial potential for ornamental plants as well and even perhaps for growing plants 24 hours / day.
UPRtek PAR Meter is designed especially for plant growth application, it is using PAR (photo synthetically active radiation) that plants assisted growth with artificial light, and provides PPFD (Photosynthetic Photo Flux Density) measurement unit to help us to discover the research for plants grow and build up the plant growth system.
Photosynthesis and plant growth
Plants use Sunlight, Carbon Dioxide and Water to make sugars used to fuel the plant's activities (e.g. growth, germination) - this is called Photosynthesis. This process can be simplified into 2 steps - Light Reactions and the Calvin Cycle (sometimes called Photo system II & Photo system I).
Photosystems are functional and structural units of protein complexes involved in photosynthesis that together carry out the primary photochemistry of photosynthesis: the absorption of light and the transfer of energy and electrons. Photosystems are found in the thylakoid membranes of plants, algae and cyanobacteria (in plants and algae these are located in the chloroplasts), or in the cytoplasmic membrane of photosynthetic bacteria. There are two kinds of photosystems: II and I, respectively.
References : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photosystem
It seems that the plant growth and light are inseparable, and since the light is so important to the growth of the plant. You cannot just check PPFD (Photon Photon flux density), you also need to know the characteristics of the light through the spectrum, check the LUX of the light, and even process a continuous measurement for a period to monitor the plant growth effectively... and so on. UPRtek PAR Meter can help you to accomplish all of them.
Watch a video about Photosynthesis
- Related Products
Advanced MK350S the 1st handheld Spectrometer cross to muti-industrials. It had more than 40 light measurement units which are CCT, LUX, CRI, CIE1976, CIE1931,PPF, CQS, Duv, LambdaP, S/P ratio, TLCI, GAI... No matter for RD lighting designers, lighting manufactory and quality control, interior light designers, horticulture measurement, cinematographer and health prevention...and so on.MK350S is designed to meet the needs of all users.
The plant growth's success formula - PPFD (photosynthetic photon flux density) What is PPFD? It means how many photons hit a defined area in one second. PPFD is the unit of measure, defined by μmol/m2/s or micro-moles of photons falling on a square meter per second. Plant has various species and different categories which have different PPFD requirements. Normally, Photosynthetically available Radiation (PAR) wavelength is 400nm - 700nm. The light intensity has valuable effects on the plant due to the different wavelengths.
- About Us
- Case Study
- Application Videos
- UPRtek PG100N Handheld Spectral PAR meter Selected for 2017 IES Progress Report
- Grasp the secret of photosynthesis - PG100N Handheld Spectral PAR meter
- UPRtek New Version Update For Handheld Spectrometer - CV600 Spectral Color Meter (Version 1.0.3.B6)
- UPRtek New Version Update For Handheld Spectrometer - MK350N Premium (Version 1.1.0.B23)
- uFlicker -- The gatekeeper of Flicker
- New Generation Model - MK350N Premium Spectrometer
- UPRtek Handheld Spectrometer with Industrial Application DM Helps You Quickly Understand Product Orientation
- UPRtek's MK350N PLUS Handheld Spectrometer Wins 2017 Red Dot Award: Industrial Design, the Red Dot: Winner
- UPRtek uSpectrum PC Software New Version Released: Version 126.96.36.199
- UPRtek USA Distributor-Gamma Scientific Offers MK350S Advanced Handheld Spectrometer in North America
Product - Handheld Spectrometer
- Is there any international certification for UPRtek Handheld Spectrometers?
- What kind of battery should I use for MF250N?
- Why the SD card always stuck on the slot while in / out the slot?
- How long can I use UPRtek handheld spectrometer after battery had fully charged?
- Why my SD card cannot be used on UPRtek handheld spectromter?
- Product - uSpectrum SW
- Product - Wing WiFi Card
- Product - Measuring Light
- Knowledge - Artificial Light
- Knowledge - Light
- Knowledge - Color
- Knowledge - Tech Notes
- Product - Handheld Spectrometer
- Contact Us
Spectrometer Software | Spectrometer Supplier - UPRtek
Based in Taiwan, UPRtek is one of the prime spectrometer manufacturers since 2010.
Award winning, conforms to ISO14001, JIS, DIN and meets IECQ standards, along with handheld spectrometer and smart controller, UPRtek has also developed products that are applicable to various industries such as spectrometer software, wireless card, LED meter, LED light tester and wireless card.
UPRtek has been offering customers high quality spectrometer | LED light tester that are infused with a formula of practicality, mobility, green technology and intelligence. Both with advanced technology and 8 years of experience, UPRtek ensures each customer's demands are met.