Blue Light Measuring
Blu-ray Use, Blue Light Problems, Blu-ray Effects
Much has been discussed about harmful "Blue Light", which refers to the visible blue region from 400nm - 450nm (shorter wavelength region of blue). It is also referred to HEV (High-energy visible) light and is under suspicion of causing cell damage in the retina and Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD). For cataract patients, they need to have artificial lens replacement surgery since the lens become cloudy and causing vision loss. But, the artificial lens is not able to filter the blue light, therefore, post-cataract surgery patients are more exposed to HEV since part of the lens, which yellows with age, is removed and can no longer effectively absorb the HEV blue light. (Yellow is blue's complement). In response to this issue, UPRtek produced handheld spectrometer covers the range of visible light, it can help you to measure the blue light energy effectively and avoid the damage caused by Blue light.
Blue Light Detection on Computer ScreenYou might heard that exposure to HEV at night is also mentioned in suppressing Melatonin suppression (sleep hormone) causing sleep disorders by disrupting our circadian (24 hr) rhythms. Blue light can be found from sunlight, but anything that is designed around LEDs, TVs, Computer Monitors, Light Bulbs all have the potential of exposing you to HEV light. The UPRtek MK350 spectrometer can easily reveal HEV which is exposed around the environment on the color spectrum diagram. The image below was taken with MK350S spectrometer using the uSpectrum PC software. MK350 shows a significant reduction in HEV intensity simply by turning down the blue color tones in the monitor's color adjustment panel. The monitor may appear distractingly yellowish at first, but your eyes will quickly get accustomed to it. Blue Light filtering products include Sunglasses that block out some of the HEV light. There is a computer monitor screen filter and even a low blue light monitor.
Is the Anti-Blue Light Product Really Effective?Here are few examples of using MK350S Transmit Mode to learn if the anti-blue light products on the market are REALLY like what it said.
Blue Light Hazards and MeasurementsAccording to an expert for Blue light research, he told us that when the distance closer between the light source and the human eye, the light intensity is higher, the harm from blue light is higher too. Generally speaking, whether at home or commercial area, the lighting fixtures are located more than 1 meter above from human eyes, so not necessary to worry about the hazard of blue light. The other hand, some specific use of certain occupations, such as: photography used high intensity light and dental lighting treatment ... and so on, the Blue light is used in short distance between human eyes, the risk of blue light hazard is higher. You must also think of 3C electronic products that are every day used in front of your eyes. The New UPRtek MK350S Premium handheld spectrometer added IEC TR 62778 Blue Harzard Measurement, it will help you avoid blue light damage effectively.
Anti-Blue Product Video Reference
- Related Products
MK350S Premium is a Handheld Spectrometer with Muli-Functions in itself.It's not only a Spectrometer, but also can be a Quantum PAR Meter, and Oscilloscope.Especially we add the BLH Judgement feature in it which's the latest popular topic and requirement for the Lighting industry.The strong and various functions can make users task quicker and efficiently.
MK350N Premium is a Spectrum Analyzer, LED Meter and Flicker Meter for LED manufacture. Embedded with spectral technology and optimize the LUX measuring range. Overall, the measuring result becomes more accurate which can be your best reliable helper.
Advanced MK350S the 1st handheld Spectrometer cross to muti-industrials. It had more than 40 light measurement units which are CCT, LUX, CRI, CIE1976, CIE1931,PPF, CQS, Duv, LambdaP, S/P ratio, TLCI, GAI... No matter for RD lighting designers, lighting manufactory and quality control, interior light designers, horticulture measurement, cinematographer and health prevention...and so on.MK350S is designed to meet the needs of all users.
UPRtek Compact MK350D is the pocket-Sized spectrometer in the world and released in 2014. It is only 70g and easy to carry. Measurement light units are more than 27, such as CCT, LUX, CRI, CIE1976 u, v’, CIE1931 x, y, Spectrum diagram, Percent Flicker and others. Until now, MK350D is standalone, the lightest Bluetooth smart control Handheld Spectrometer and Flicker Meter.
MF250N Handheld Spectral Flicker Meter-The 1st Handheld Flicker Meter with spectral technology. It is also a FFT Spectrum Analyzer, Light wave Meter and Frequency Analyzer. It provides 3 major metrics that lighting experts use to fight Flicker and ensure the light quality.
CV600 - All purpose Professional Cinematic and Photographic Light meter. It is not only a Light meter, but also a Color meter, Cine meter and Exposure meter a quicker, more efficient measurements for cinematographer, videographer, video makers, and film producers to capture every life moment!
- About Us
- Academic and Iindustrial Applications
- Lighting Industry Application
- LED Industry Application
- OLED Industry Application
- Spectrometer Application
- How to use UPRtek handheld spectrometer MK350D for remote measurement?
- How to get the latest version firmware on my UPRtek spectrometer?
- How to use UPRtek handheld spectrometer for light measurement?
- How to use the computer to read the measurement data of the SD card in the handheld spectrometer?
- What kind of battery should I use for MF250N Flicker Meter?
- What kind of battery should I use for MK350 Series Sepectrometer?
- What does the abbreviation mean which is used on UPRtek spectrometer?
- Do I need to do dark calibration every time I turn on my spectrometer? And what is dark calibration?
- Does UPRtek Handheld Spectrometers have any international certification?
- Dose UPRtek handheld spectrometer has correlated color temperature (CCT) when measuring monochromatic light?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure UV or IR Spectrum?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure the light that except LED light? Such as: fluorescent lamps (fluorescent lamps) ?
- How long can I use UPRtek handheld spectrometer after battery had fully charged?
- Why the SD card always stuck on the slot while in / out the slot?
- Why my SD card cannot be used on UPRtek handheld spectromter?
- How to download the uSpectrum PC Software?
- How to download the uFlicker PC Software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uSpectrum PC software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uFlicker PC software?
- Do I need to register before I use Wing WiFi card with UPRtek handheld spectrometer?
- How to check saved data at uSpectrum PC software?
- How to make the test report by uSpectrum PC software?
- How to put my company logo on uSpectrum test report?
- How to use the Wing WiFi card for uSpectrum APP wireless measurement?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer will save the data on the same time when I process save data on smart device?
- Where can I find the saved spectrum / CIE images through uSpectrum APPs on smart device after using uSpectrum APPs and save the data?
- What is LED CRI (Color Rendering Index)?
- What is CQS (Color Quality Scale)?
- What is IES TM-30-15?
- What is TLA (Temporal Light Artifacts) ?
- What is Flicker Metrics (Percent Flicker, Flicker Index, SVM) ?
- What is Cosine Correction？
- What is the recommended measuring distance using UPRtek handheld spectrometer?
- Product Q&A
- Contact Us
Spectrometer Software | Spectrometer Supplier - UPRtek
Based in Taiwan, UPRtek is one of the prime spectrometer manufacturers since 2010.
Award winning, conforms to ISO14001, JIS, DIN and meets IECQ standards, along with handheld spectrometer and smart controller, UPRtek has also developed products that are applicable to various industries such as spectrometer software, wireless card, LED meter, LED light tester and wireless card.
UPRtek has been offering customers high quality spectrometer | LED light tester that are infused with a formula of practicality, mobility, green technology and intelligence. Both with advanced technology and 8 years of experience, UPRtek ensures each customer's demands are met.