Theater Light Sources Design, Theater Dimming System, LED Color Temperature Controller
What is the most impressive theater performance you had ever seen? Do you still remember the dialogue and the actor performed on the stage that touched your heart? The theater performances are full of dramatic acting and lighting effects. Audience is not just watching the arts of performing, which also includes the complex arts through the light effect that creates a scene of contrast, vigorous, beautiful ... and so on. According to Wikipedia's information, today we heard the theater art, mainly refers to the drama or theater these two words. Theatre was originally from theatron, it was the ladder area for audience from ancient Greek theater, meaning "a place to watch", and later became the meaning of the entire performance venue. Therefore, this article will explore the theater art which serving human eye but facing what kind challenges in the field of lighting design and how UPRtek handheld spectrometer extend the application to theater lighting.
Problems with Traditional Color Changing GelIn the past, the light color changes for theater performance is using tungsten halogen lamps with color changing gel (device) to change the light color. However, the power consumption of halogen lamp is high and it produced high temperature leads to a problem on color changing gel. The heat caused the gel became curly and after using multiple times the color became fade. The color gel cannot be used for a long time is always a troublesome for professional lighting designers. The color gel was made from plastic and need to be changed regularly, also led to environmental issues.
Matured LED Light Source Brings New Dimming TechnologyNow, LED light source is getting mature, professional lighting designers have also begun to use a wide range of LED lights because the characteristics of energy saving and low temperature. These advantages had come out a new direction of thinking on controlling the color change for theater lighting. In recent years, the lighting designers who tried to use high-tech LED lights, found the following problems, such as can LED lights produce the same light color as traditional lights? Is it convenience and if it required learning new dimming methods? If the technology of mixing colors for LED lights an open resource, is that able to assist professional lighting users? If it is cost effective, is that possible to replace the light color change system? These questions might be the reasons that the usage of LED lights is not yet widespread to the entire professional theater lighting market.
New Technology Extends the Common Language of Lighting Technicians - Easy to UseIn response to the above problems, we selected the most frequently discussed topic in the generation of changing LED light source - Can LED lights simulate the same light color as traditional lights? In the past, theater lighting designers were used to using tungsten halogen Lamps of warm white. On the other hands, LED is able to make any light color. As the lighting designers who used to change the light color with the gel and the base warm white was from tungsten halogen lamps. Therefore, LED change color method adapts the rule of change color gel directly will be able to reduce lots troubles to control LED for colors. Have a look of the above picture; the color gel code is the language of communication between lighting designers, you may see the left of two similar two blue colors (#715, #716), how are you going to distinguish it? I believe you may choose the right color when it has code with it.
Spectral Technology Used in Theater Lighting ControlWhen color adjustable LED apply in theater lighting field, it is no longer to use the color change gel. Lighting designers will not need to prepare the color gels and no more environments threaten. In order to allow users easily get started, LED lights are using x, y color coordinate to make sure LED lights produce the same light color as traditional lights. Then, reformat the LED light by the illumiance (Y) proportion from each monochrome LED light through spectrum technology. At last, adjust the LED light color to the nearest color gel effect by using the DAC code from DMX (Dimmer). Now lighting designers may mix and reformat many kinds of the LED easily and restore the same light color as the traditional lights. The new LED dimming technology has replaced the traditional tungsten halogen light completely, and rid of the annoying color gels. It is a revolutionary change for theater lighting.
UPRtek uSpectrum Development Kits Assist Users in Developing own Dimming Control SystemAn LED lighting expert in theater lighting design tells us that the price for most of the theater lights dimming control system are high, and the dimming system can only be used with the same brand of lighting, the closed system cannot customize customer's needs. Therefore, his team used UPRtek handheld spectrometer to view the spectrum and color coordinates for LED dimming design, and through the self-development Library of UPRtek uSpectrum PC software wrote a lighting control system application program (Color Navigator). Thus helped many LED manufacturers to develop their own dimming control system. As a LED manufacturer, are you still waiting and not sure if you should enter to theater lighting dimming markets due to the bottleneck of dimming technology? UPRtek handheld spectrometer is your best tool to help you enter to your target market - theater lighting!
- Related Products
MK350N Premium is a Spectrum Analyzer, LED Meter and Flicker Meter for LED manufacture. Embedded with spectral technology and optimize the LUX measuring range. Overall, the measuring result becomes more accurate which can be your best reliable helper.
MK350S Premium is a Handheld Spectrometer with Muli-Functions in itself.It's not only a Spectrometer, but also can be a Quantum PAR Meter, and Oscilloscope.Especially we add the BLH Judgement feature in it which's the latest popular topic and requirement for the Lighting industry.The strong and various functions can make users task quicker and efficiently.
UPRtek Compact MK350D is the pocket-Sized spectrometer in the world and released in 2014. It is only 70g and easy to carry. Measurement light units are more than 27, such as CCT, LUX, CRI, CIE1976 u, v’, CIE1931 x, y, Spectrum diagram, Percent Flicker and others. Until now, MK350D is standalone, the lightest Bluetooth smart control Handheld Spectrometer and Flicker Meter.
MF250N Handheld Spectral Flicker Meter-The 1st Handheld Flicker Meter with spectral technology. It is also a FFT Spectrum Analyzer, Light wave Meter and Frequency Analyzer. It provides 3 major metrics that lighting experts use to fight Flicker and ensure the light quality.
CV600 - All purpose Professional Cinematic and Photographic Light meter. It is not only a Light meter, but also a Color meter, Cine meter and Exposure meter a quicker, more efficient measurements for cinematographer, videographer, video makers, and film producers to capture every life moment!
PG100N Handheld Spectral PAR meter is focused on achieving the demands of agricultural field. It shows its own advantages of measuring functions ,such as spectrum, PPFD and PFD so that users can utilize these parameters in the plant factories. Meanwhile, PG100N Spectral PAR Meter offers the analysis report for users to understand the ambient light requirement of plant growth, timely adjust the artificial light source to make sure the efficiency of the agricultural production, safty, achieve a scientific, intelligent agricultural environment.
Advanced MK350S the 1st handheld Spectrometer cross to muti-industrials. It had more than 40 light measurement units which are CCT, LUX, CRI, CIE1976, CIE1931,PPF, CQS, Duv, LambdaP, S/P ratio, TLCI, GAI... No matter for RD lighting designers, lighting manufactory and quality control, interior light designers, horticulture measurement, cinematographer and health prevention...and so on.MK350S is designed to meet the needs of all users.
- About Us
- Academic and Iindustrial Applications
- Lighting Industry Application
- LED Industry Application
- OLED Industry Application
- Spectrometer Application
- How to use UPRtek handheld spectrometer MK350D for remote measurement?
- How to get the latest version firmware on my UPRtek spectrometer?
- How to use UPRtek handheld spectrometer for light measurement?
- How to use the computer to read the measurement data of the SD card in the handheld spectrometer?
- What kind of battery should I use for MF250N Flicker Meter?
- What kind of battery should I use for MK350 Series Sepectrometer?
- What does the abbreviation mean which is used on UPRtek spectrometer?
- Do I need to do dark calibration every time I turn on my spectrometer? And what is dark calibration?
- Does UPRtek Handheld Spectrometers have any international certification?
- Dose UPRtek handheld spectrometer has correlated color temperature (CCT) when measuring monochromatic light?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure UV or IR Spectrum?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure the light that except LED light? Such as: fluorescent lamps (fluorescent lamps) ?
- How long can I use UPRtek handheld spectrometer after battery had fully charged?
- Why the SD card always stuck on the slot while in / out the slot?
- Why my SD card cannot be used on UPRtek handheld spectromter?
- How to download the uSpectrum PC Software?
- How to download the uFlicker PC Software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uSpectrum PC software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uFlicker PC software?
- Do I need to register before I use Wing WiFi card with UPRtek handheld spectrometer?
- How to check saved data at uSpectrum PC software?
- How to make the test report by uSpectrum PC software?
- How to put my company logo on uSpectrum test report?
- How to use the Wing WiFi card for uSpectrum APP wireless measurement?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer will save the data on the same time when I process save data on smart device?
- Where can I find the saved spectrum / CIE images through uSpectrum APPs on smart device after using uSpectrum APPs and save the data?
- What is LED CRI (Color Rendering Index)?
- What is CQS (Color Quality Scale)?
- What is IES TM-30-15?
- What is TLA (Temporal Light Artifacts) ?
- What is Flicker Metrics (Percent Flicker, Flicker Index, SVM) ?
- What is Cosine Correction？
- What is the recommended measuring distance using UPRtek handheld spectrometer?
- Product Q&A
- Contact Us
Spectrometer Software | Spectrometer Supplier - UPRtek
Based in Taiwan, UPRtek is one of the prime spectrometer manufacturers since 2010.
Award winning, conforms to ISO14001, JIS, DIN and meets IECQ standards, along with handheld spectrometer and smart controller, UPRtek has also developed products that are applicable to various industries such as spectrometer software, wireless card, LED meter, LED light tester and wireless card.
UPRtek has been offering customers high quality spectrometer | LED light tester that are infused with a formula of practicality, mobility, green technology and intelligence. Both with advanced technology and 8 years of experience, UPRtek ensures each customer's demands are met.