Flicer Problems, Flicker Measurement, Flicker Effects
Flicker is the problem certain lights have, exhibiting a subtle pulsating or strobing effect, most of the time barely noticeable by the human eye - however, more organizations are paying attention to flicker because it is being implicated in triggering a host of health related issues such as epilepsy attacks, migraines, fatigue, reduced visual task performance, distraction and visual impairment.
Do you see the invisible problem of flicker? UPRtek - the handheld spectrometer manufacturer cares the issue that most normally ignored, therefore, UPRtek designed a Flicker meter, add Flicker measurement functions to the new generations and invite all lighting experts increase the lighting quality for new LED lights.
The root cause of FlickerThe source of this problem is the power current, particularly a conflict with the mains (from the outlet) and the power supply (of the light). Dimmers also induce or increase flicker. All lights running on AC power have this problem to a certain degree. Fluorescent lights had long been most criticized for high flicker before more recent advances.
LED has Flicker ProblemNow LEDs are also beginning to exhibit the same symptoms. LEDs further complicate the issue with their changing power needs that come with temperature fluctuations. LEDs should be equipped with what is called an LED driver. It sits between the power supply of the light and the light itself. It's main function is to regulate or maintain a constant voltage to the LED - a well designed driver will adequately mitigate the problems of flicker. If an LED is equipped with components for other types of lights (e.g. transformers), this will also cause flicker problems.
Flicker StandardState and Light Energy agencies are already beginning to address this serious problem with draft regulations in progress. The Russian government, after reviewing exhaustive studies, has implemented a ban on LED devices with high flicker rates. Organizations such as Energy Star, IEC, IEEE, EPA are all considering Flicker standards at the time of this writing on 02/2014.
MF250N Handheld Flicker MeterThe new released product MF250N Flicker Meter on 2015 and the product of 2016 IES Progress Report selected by Illuminating Engineering Society of North America, is also supporting Flicker Index, Percent Flicker, Flicker time, frequency domain and spectrum real time monitoring, which are meeting IES / ASSIST / ENERGY STAR / VESA specification definition to assist you to fight Flicker effetely.
Flicker HandbookUPRtek set the goal to provide the 1st flicker measurement handbook and to be the pioneer of educating the market to get a better understanding of flicker. UPRtek had consulted with panel manufacturers, lighting designers, lighting engineers and some international standard members of flicker measuring; it took almost one year for data collection, writing and design for the flicker educational material. In December 2016, UPRtek officially releases the newest Flicker Handbook for our readers, we hope it can help to understand flicker more and then control the flicker, at last get rid of the harm from it.
- Related Products
UPRtek Compact MK350D is the pocket-Sized spectrometer in the world and released in 2014. It is only 70g and easy to carry. Measurement light units are more than 27, such as CCT, LUX, CRI, CIE1976 u, v’, CIE1931 x, y, Spectrum diagram, Percent Flicker and others. Until now, MK350D is standalone, the lightest Bluetooth smart control Handheld Spectrometer and Flicker Meter.
MK350N Premium is a Spectrum Analyzer, LED Meter and Flicker Meter for LED manufacture. Embedded with spectral technology and optimize the LUX measuring range. Overall, the measuring result becomes more accurate which can be your best reliable helper.
MF250N Handheld Spectral Flicker Meter-The 1st Handheld Flicker Meter with spectral technology. It is also a FFT Spectrum Analyzer, Light wave Meter and Frequency Analyzer. It provides 3 major metrics that lighting experts use to fight Flicker and ensure the light quality.
- Files Download
- About Us
- Industry Category
- Measureent Case Study
Product - Handheld Spectrometer
- Is there any international certification for UPRtek Handheld Spectrometers?
- What kind of battery should I use for MF250N?
- Why the SD card always stuck on the slot while in / out the slot?
- How long can I use UPRtek handheld spectrometer after battery had fully charged?
- Why my SD card cannot be used on UPRtek handheld spectromter?
- How to use the computer to read the measurement data of the SD card in the handheld spectrometer?
Product - uSpectrum SW
- How to download the uSpectrum PC Software?
- How to download the uFlicker PC Software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uSpectrum PC software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uFlicker PC software?
- How can I make the test report by uSpectrum PC software?
- Can I put my company logo on uSpectrum test report?
Product - Wing WiFi Card
- Do I need to register before I use Wing WiFi card with UPRtek handheld spectrometer?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer will save the data on the same time when I process save data on smart device?
- After using uSpectrum APPs and save the data, where can I find the saved spectrum / CIE images through uSpectrum APPs on smart device?
Product - Measuring Light
- Dose UPRtek handheld spectrometer has coorected color temperature (CCT) when measuring monochromatic light?
- Could UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure the UV or IR Spectrum?
- Could UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure the light that except LED light? Such as: fluorescent lamps (fluorescent lamps) ?
- What is dark calibration? Do I need to do dark calibration every time I turn on my spectrometer?
- Knowledge - Artificial Light
- Knowledge - Light
- Knowledge - Color
- Knowledge - Tech Notes
- Product - Handheld Spectrometer
- Contact Us
Spectrometer Software | Spectrometer Supplier - UPRtek
Based in Taiwan, UPRtek is one of the prime spectrometer manufacturers since 2010.
Award winning, conforms to ISO14001, JIS, DIN and meets IECQ standards, along with handheld spectrometer and smart controller, UPRtek has also developed products that are applicable to various industries such as spectrometer software, wireless card, LED meter, LED light tester and wireless card.
UPRtek has been offering customers high quality spectrometer | LED light tester that are infused with a formula of practicality, mobility, green technology and intelligence. Both with advanced technology and 8 years of experience, UPRtek ensures each customer's demands are met.