Coral Lighting Lamp, Marine Lighting Research, Aquarium Biological Growth Lamp
Do you feel excited or joyful when seeing red? Perhaps you also agree that human psychology affected by different colors. The various colors in our life come from the light, so, did you ever wonder if animals and plants on Earth also influenced by the artificial light sources?
The following article will mention a little bit of the “color temperature” which is common used for light colors, and let us dive into the deep blue sea to see one of Japan’s coral feeding specialists, Eiji Myorin, uses UPRtek portable spectrometer for coral growing light design and comparison.
Different Light Colors Give Different FeelingsFirst, let us look at some different color of lights, below CCT of the lights are between 2000K to 7000K, these different light colors give different feelings. Red corresponds to passion, yellow is warm, white is bright and blue gives a mysterious feeling. Do you feel the same?
Why the Ocean is Blue?Now, let us discuss about the beautiful marine creature - coral. Before our discussion, do you ever think about why the ocean is blue? From the lower left picture provided by NASA GES DISC, we can see the blue light can transmit into the deeper ocean than other lights. Based on the conclusion from the marine researches, we can comprehend that the coral growth related to the blue light source.
MK350 used for LED Light Designed for Aquarium CoralsMr. Eiji Myorin, a user of UPRtek MK350, is not only an expert but also a fan of sea creatures. As the picture attached below, he used MK350 to measure the LED light which was designed for aquarium corals. From those spectrum diagrams we found the light designed for corals is also biased in blue. It is holding the same view from last paragraph about the blue light transmit into deeper ocean in order to provide enough lights for sea creatures living in deep ocean.
Coral Growth Lamps ComparisonThe following is a comparison of four different coral growth lamps measured by Mr. Eiji Myorin. This type of light source all emphasizes the use of blue light. Thus, it is a reasonable speculation about blue light is a suitable light for coral growth. In the end, people are applying law of nature to design the light so that coral can grow smoothly in the aquarium at home.
uSpectrum PC SW - Long Time Measuremen and Further AnalysisUPRtek handheld light meter series are spectral designed spectrometers, all series include spectrum diagram to help users understand the characteristics of light. For the marine organism research enthusiasts, we recommend uSpectrum PC software, "LOG mode" (long time measurement) and "Transmit mode" to you especially, we hope this could help you have further analysis between light source and marine biology.
- Related Products
MK350N Premium is a Spectrum Analyzer, LED Meter and Flicker Meter for LED manufacture. Embedded with spectral technology and optimize the LUX measuring range. Overall, the measuring result becomes more accurate which can be your best reliable helper.
MK350S Premium is a Handheld Spectrometer with Muli-Functions in itself. It's not only a Spectrometer, but also can be a Quantum PAR Meter, and Oscilloscope. Especially we add the BLH Judgement feature in it which's the latest popular topic and requirement for the Lighting industry. The strong and various functions can make users task quicker and efficiently.
UPRtek Compact MK350D is the pocket-Sized spectrometer in the world and released in 2014. It is only 70g and easy to carry. Measurement light units are more than 27, such as CCT, LUX, CRI, CIE1976 u, v’, CIE1931 x, y, Spectrum diagram, Percent Flicker and others. Until now, MK350D is standalone, the lightest Bluetooth smart control Handheld Spectrometer and Flicker Meter.
MF250N Handheld Spectral Flicker Meter-The 1st Handheld Flicker Meter with spectral technology. It is also a FFT Spectrum Analyzer, Light wave Meter and Frequency Analyzer. It provides 3 major metrics that lighting experts use to fight Flicker and ensure the light quality.
CV600 - All purpose Professional Cinematic and Photographic Light meter. It is not only a Light meter, but also a Color meter, Cine meter and Exposure meter a quicker, more efficient measurements for cinematographer, videographer, video makers, and film producers to capture every life moment!
The plant growth's success formula - PPFD (photosynthetic photon flux density) What is PPFD? It means how many photons hit a defined area in one second. PPFD is the unit of measure, defined by μmol/m2/s or micro-moles of photons falling on a square meter per second. Plant has various species and different categories which have different PPFD requirements.Normally, Photosynthetically available Radiation (PAR) wavelength is 400nm - 700nm. The light intensity has valuable effects on the plant due to the different wavelengths.
Advanced MK350S the 1st handheld Spectrometer cross to muti-industrials. It had more than 40 light measurement units which are CCT, LUX, CRI, CIE1976, CIE1931,PPF, CQS, Duv, LambdaP, S/P ratio, TLCI, GAI... No matter for RD lighting designers, lighting manufactory and quality control, interior light designers, horticulture measurement, cinematographer and health prevention...and so on.MK350S is designed to meet the needs of all users.
- About Us
- Industry Category
- Measurement Case Study
- How to get the latest version firmware on my UPRtek spectrometer?
- How to use UPRtek handheld spectrometer for light measurement?
- How to use the computer to read the measurement data of the SD card in the handheld spectrometer?
- What kind of battery should I use for MF250N?
- What kind of battery should I use for MK350?
- What does the abbreviation mean which is used on UPRtek spectrometer?
- Do I need to do dark calibration every time I turn on my spectrometer? And what is dark calibration?
- Does UPRtek Handheld Spectrometers have any international certification?
- Dose UPRtek handheld spectrometer has coorected color temperature (CCT) when measuring monochromatic light?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure UV or IR Spectrum?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure the light that except LED light? Such as: fluorescent lamps (fluorescent lamps) ?
- How long can I use UPRtek handheld spectrometer after battery had fully charged?
- Why the SD card always stuck on the slot while in / out the slot?
- Why my SD card cannot be used on UPRtek handheld spectromter?
- How to download the uSpectrum PC Software?
- How to download the uFlicker PC Software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uSpectrum PC software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uFlicker PC software?
- Do I need to register before I use Wing WiFi card with UPRtek handheld spectrometer?
- How to check saved data at uSpectrum PC software?
- How to make the test report by uSpectrum PC software?
- How to put my company logo on uSpectrum test report?
- How to use the Wing WiFi card for uSpectrum APP wireless measurement?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer will save the data on the same time when I process save data on smart device?
- Where can I find the saved spectrum / CIE images through uSpectrum APPs on smart device after using uSpectrum APPs and save the data?
- What is the common used artificial light in our life?
- Incandescent lamps use what to make light?
- Fluorescent lamps use what to make light?
- LED lamps use what to make light?
- What is the advantages and disadvantages of artificial light and where is the market?
- Where does light come from?
- How does an Incandescent bulb make light?
- How a Fluorescent Light makes Light？
- How does an LED make light?
- What is color?
- What is CRI (Color Rendering Index)?
- What is CQS (Color Quality Scale)?
- What is IES TM-30-15?
- What is TLA (Temporal Light Artifacts) ?
- What is Flicker Metrics (Percent Flicker, Flicker Index, SVM) ?
- What is Cosine Correction？
- Contact Us
Spectrometer Software | Spectrometer Supplier - UPRtek
Based in Taiwan, UPRtek is one of the prime spectrometer manufacturers since 2010.
Award winning, conforms to ISO14001, JIS, DIN and meets IECQ standards, along with handheld spectrometer and smart controller, UPRtek has also developed products that are applicable to various industries such as spectrometer software, wireless card, LED meter, LED light tester and wireless card.
UPRtek has been offering customers high quality spectrometer | LED light tester that are infused with a formula of practicality, mobility, green technology and intelligence. Both with advanced technology and 8 years of experience, UPRtek ensures each customer's demands are met.