Measureent Case Study
UPRtek handheld spectrometer solved the problem regarding the traditional spectrometer can only used in the laboratory. UPRtek is developing a series of friendly and easy-to-use interface and wish to boost the work efficiency for spectrometer users. Advances in science and technology have made life more convenient for humans. UPRtek's handheld spectrometer’s functions will continue to get ahead as well. On this “Case Study” page, UPRtek will sort out actual experiences of different kind of lighting measurement with different kind of functions in a series, hope these will help users to have further understanding on various functions and optimize the work flow.
Flicker is the problem certain lights have, exhibiting a subtle pulsating or strobing effect, most of the time barely noticeable by the human eye - however, more organizations are paying attention to flicker because it is being implicated in triggering a host of health related issues such as epilepsy attacks, migraines, fatigue, reduced visual task performance, distraction and visual impairment. Do you see the invisible problem of flicker? UPRtek - the handheld spectrometer manufacturer cares the issue that most normally ignored, therefore, UPRtek designed a Flicker meter, add Flicker measurement functions to the new generations and invite all lighting experts increase the lighting quality for new LED lights.
Much has been discussed about harmful "Blue Light", which refers to the visible blue region from 400nm - 450nm (shorter wavelength region of blue). It is also referred to HEV (High-energy visible) light and is under suspicion of causing cell damage in the retina and Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD). For cataract patients, they need to have artificial lens replacement surgery since the lens become cloudy and causing vision loss. But, the artificial lens is not able to filter the blue light, therefore, post-cataract surgery patients are more exposed to HEV since part of the lens, which yellows with age, is removed and can no longer effectively absorb the HEV blue light. (Yellow is blue's complement). In response to this issue, UPRtek produced handheld spectrometer covers the range of visible light, it can help you to measure the blue light energy effectively and avoid the damage caused by Blue light.
Since 2011, UPRtek has been doing the research in spectrum field. In recent years, there are more and more spectrum experts entering to spectrum research field too. What is so special about it so that many people began to put efforts on? According to Wikipedia, each element has its own spectrum so that humans may accord the characteristics of the spectrum to identify each object. For example, an LED white light, it has a high energy in blue spectrum but lack of violet spectrum. For overall, the same batch of white LED lights, the spectrum characters will be the same. So, how can we find out the difference between the same spectral characteristics of the LED? Let's explore the spectrum through UPRtek handheld spectrometer!
Are you an expert of lighting research and application? If you are now analyzing light, we believe measuring the light data for a long time and checking the light deviation are necessary. After all, it is possible to make a good quality control and then reach the major purpose - bring benefit to human life! UPRtek designed and produced handheld spectrometer is not only providing you the light measurement data you needed, but also expending application functions, LOG measurement - continues measuring - is one of it, which was designed especially for research and analysis. Let's take an example, the LOGGING Mode from PG100N PAR Meter, was used for plants factory to measure the adjustable LED light, users are researching and monitoring the LED light color and its ratio in order to find the best light for plant growth and increase the harvest.
Imagine you are in a room without any light source, can you know the color of the apple that someone just passed it to you? In this simple test, we realized that in the absence of light environment, human vision cannot play a role and has no ability to judge colors. That is "Without light there is no color".
Suspicions about the adverse effects from flicker (visible and non-visible) have been around ever since fluorescent lighting was incorporated into the work place (around the 1950s). The effects of flicker have been well studied and include, but are not limited to, headaches, mi¬graines, eye strain, fatigue, and even epileptic seizures. Even if flicker cannot be visually seen, flickering light can still enter through your eyes, reaching our retinas, traveling the neural circuitry to your central nervous system (brain), where they pound your senses, potentially wreaking havoc. In short, flicker can present a silent, most times invisible and insidious problem.
- About Us
- Industry Category
- Measureent Case Study
Product - Handheld Spectrometer
- Is there any international certification for UPRtek Handheld Spectrometers?
- What kind of battery should I use for MF250N?
- Why the SD card always stuck on the slot while in / out the slot?
- How long can I use UPRtek handheld spectrometer after battery had fully charged?
- Why my SD card cannot be used on UPRtek handheld spectromter?
- How to use the computer to read the measurement data of the SD card in the handheld spectrometer?
Product - uSpectrum SW
- How to download the uSpectrum PC Software?
- How to download the uFlicker PC Software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uSpectrum PC software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uFlicker PC software?
- How can I make the test report by uSpectrum PC software?
- Can I put my company logo on uSpectrum test report?
Product - Wing WiFi Card
- Do I need to register before I use Wing WiFi card with UPRtek handheld spectrometer?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer will save the data on the same time when I process save data on smart device?
- After using uSpectrum APPs and save the data, where can I find the saved spectrum / CIE images through uSpectrum APPs on smart device?
Product - Measuring Light
- Dose UPRtek handheld spectrometer has coorected color temperature (CCT) when measuring monochromatic light?
- Could UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure the UV or IR Spectrum?
- Could UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure the light that except LED light? Such as: fluorescent lamps (fluorescent lamps) ?
- What is dark calibration? Do I need to do dark calibration every time I turn on my spectrometer?
- Knowledge - Artificial Light
- Knowledge - Light
- Knowledge - Color
- Knowledge - Tech Notes
- Product - Handheld Spectrometer
- Contact Us
Spectrometer Software | Spectrometer Supplier - UPRtek
Based in Taiwan, UPRtek is one of the prime spectrometer manufacturers since 2010.
Award winning, conforms to ISO14001, JIS, DIN and meets IECQ standards, along with handheld spectrometer and smart controller, UPRtek has also developed products that are applicable to various industries such as spectrometer software, wireless card, LED meter, LED light tester and wireless card.
UPRtek has been offering customers high quality spectrometer | LED light tester that are infused with a formula of practicality, mobility, green technology and intelligence. Both with advanced technology and 8 years of experience, UPRtek ensures each customer's demands are met.