The design concept of UPRtek handheld spectrometer is mainly focus on lightweight and intuitive design, you may use it standalone, no computer connection needed and check the measurement data immediately. You can also process wireless control measurement through the application of smart devices. UPRtek wishes to provide a handheld spectrometer with high flexibility for different kind of places, different use purposes and different usage scenarios to help you work more efficiently.
Flicker Problems, Flicker Measurement, Flicker Effects
Flicker is the problem certain lights have, exhibiting a subtle pulsating or strobing effect, most of the time barely noticeable by the human eye - however, more organizations are paying attention to flicker because it is being implicated in triggering a host of health related issues such as epilepsy attacks, migraines, fatigue, reduced visual task performance, distraction and visual impairment. Do you see the invisible problem of flicker? UPRtek - the handheld spectrometer manufacturer cares the issue that most normally ignored, therefore, UPRtek designed a Flicker meter, add Flicker measurement functions to the new generations and invite all lighting experts increase the lighting quality for new LED lights.
Blu-ray Use, Blue Light Problems, Blu-ray Effects
Much has been discussed about harmful "Blue Light", which refers to the visible blue region from 400nm - 450nm (shorter wavelength region of blue). It is also referred to HEV (High-energy visible) light and is under suspicion of causing cell damage in the retina and Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD). For cataract patients, they need to have artificial lens replacement surgery since the lens become cloudy and causing vision loss. But, the artificial lens is not able to filter the blue light, therefore, post-cataract surgery patients are more exposed to HEV since part of the lens, which yellows with age, is removed and can no longer effectively absorb the HEV blue light. (Yellow is blue's complement). In response to this issue, UPRtek produced handheld spectrometer covers the range of visible light, it can help you to measure the blue light energy effectively and avoid the damage caused by Blue light.
Spectrum and Wavelength Measurements, Spectral Analysis, Light Source Spectral Type Check
Since 2011, UPRtek has been doing the research in spectrum field. In recent years, there are more and more spectrum experts entering to spectrum research field too. What is so special about it so that many people began to put efforts on? According to Wikipedia, each element has its own spectrum so that humans may accord the characteristics of the spectrum to identify each object. For example, an LED white light, it has a high energy in blue spectrum but lack of violet spectrum. For overall, the same batch of white LED lights, the spectrum characters will be the same. So, how can we find out the difference between the same spectral characteristics of the LED? Let's explore the spectrum through UPRtek handheld spectrometer!
LED Continuous Measurement and Inspection, Long Time Light Measurement, Continuous Measurement and Research
Are you an expert of lighting research and application? If you are now analyzing light, we believe measuring the light data for a long time and checking the light deviation are necessary. After all, it is possible to make a good quality control and then reach the major purpose - bring benefit to human life! UPRtek designed and produced handheld spectrometer is not only providing you the light measurement data you needed, but also expending application functions, LOG measurement - continues measuring - is one of it, which was designed especially for research and analysis. Let's take an example, the LOGGING Mode from PG100N PAR Meter, was used for plants factory to measure the adjustable LED light, users are researching and monitoring the LED light color and its ratio in order to find the best light for plant growth and increase the harvest.
Surface Color Research, Surface Color Comparison, Color Consistency Check
In a room without any light source, can you see the color of the apple that someone just passed it to you? In this simple test, we realized that in the absence of light environment, human vision cannot play a role and has no ability to judge colors. That is "Without light there is no color". Since there is no color when no light, then after having light, is there any problem of color identification? I believe you have had a similar experience about you buy a goods in red at the store but found that the color of the goods is not what you wished when you are home. This example tells us that different light source in different environment for human eye may receive different color from the object. So, is there any standard for color definition? Yes! Many designers they will use the color number to represent the standard red, bright red or wine red, these color code also helped the designer and the customer in the selection of color and avoided the disputes on color cognition. UPRtek handheld spectrometer is being researched as a viable tool for measuring surface colors (as opposed to only light source) when UPRtek was collecting and writing this article in 2014. This has many ramifications in the market for standardizing and validating color matches for printed material, fabric color, component color uniformity, logo color compliance. This also has ramifications for studying Metamerism.
LED Light Wave Measurement, Wave Fast Fourier Transform Measurement, Light Source Wave Intensity Measurement
Suspicions about the adverse effects from flicker (visible and non-visible) have been around ever since fluorescent lighting was incorporated into the work place (around the 1950s). The effects of flicker have been well studied and include, but are not limited to, headaches, mi¬graines, eye strain, fatigue, and even epileptic seizures. Even if flicker cannot be visually seen, flickering light can still enter through your eyes, reaching our retinas, traveling the neural circuitry to your central nervous system (brain), where they pound your senses, potentially wreaking havoc. In short, flicker can present a silent, most times invisible and insidious problem. Not everyone is susceptible to light flicker, and it’s hard to quantify what percentage of the pop-ulation is actually light flicker sensitive. At best, we found a source that estimates 1 in 4000 (1) individuals suffer from photosensitive epi¬leptic seizures (light sensitive seizures). It is also hard to quantify exactly what levels of flicker exceed thresholds for safety and health. Our visual senses and central nervous systems are complex and vary from person to person. Differ¬ences in age, visual acuity and bodily chemistry vary greatly and exacerbate the problem even more. Ambient lighting from multiple sources also adds to the complexity of Flicker. Do multi-light environments reduce flicker, increase flicker or both? What level of flicker severity can be considered safe for such a diverse, fluid and multi-faceted environment? In short, it is an extremely difficult problem to get your arms around. This article is using MF250N Flicker Meter processing an actual Light Wave Measurement and according to IEEE recommended standard to estimate the risk of Flicker.
- Academic and Iindustrial Applications
- Lighting Industry Application
- LED Industry Application
- OLED Industry Application
- Spectrometer Application
- What’s the difference between Spectroradiometer and Colorimeter?
- How to use UPRtek handheld spectrometer MK350D for remote measurement?
- How to get the latest version firmware on my UPRtek spectrometer?
- How to use UPRtek handheld spectrometer for light measurement?
- How to use the computer to read the measurement data of the SD card in the handheld spectrometer?
- What kind of battery should I use for MF250N Flicker Meter?
- What kind of battery should I use for MK350 Series Sepectrometer?
- What does the abbreviation mean which is used on UPRtek spectrometer?
- Do I need to do dark calibration every time I turn on my spectrometer? And what is dark calibration?
- Does UPRtek Handheld Spectrometers have any international certification?
- Dose UPRtek handheld spectrometer has correlated color temperature (CCT) when measuring monochromatic light?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure UV or IR Spectrum?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure the light that except LED light? Such as: fluorescent lamps (fluorescent lamps) ?
- How long can I use UPRtek handheld spectrometer after battery had fully charged?
- Why the SD card always stuck on the slot while in / out the slot?
- Why my SD card cannot be used on UPRtek handheld spectromter?
- How to download the uSpectrum PC Software?
- How to download the uFlicker PC Software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uSpectrum PC software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uFlicker PC software?
- Do I need to register before I use Wing WiFi card with UPRtek handheld spectrometer?
- How to check saved data at uSpectrum PC software?
- How to make the test report by uSpectrum PC software?
- How to put my company logo on uSpectrum test report?
- How to use the Wing WiFi card for uSpectrum APP wireless measurement?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer will save the data on the same time when I process save data on smart device?
- Where can I find the saved spectrum / CIE images through uSpectrum APPs on smart device after using uSpectrum APPs and save the data?
- What is LED CRI (Color Rendering Index)?
- What is CQS (Color Quality Scale)?
- What is IES TM-30-15?
- What is TLA (Temporal Light Artifacts) ?
- What is Flicker Metrics (Percent Flicker, Flicker Index, SVM) ?
- What is Cosine Correction？
- What is the recommended measuring distance using UPRtek handheld spectrometer?
- Product Q&A
Spectrometer Inspection and Analysis Software | Handheld Spectrometer Supplier - UPRtek
UPRtek, since 2010, is one of the prime handheld spectrometer manufacturers and their products are infused with a formula of practicality, mobility, green technology and intelligence. Our handheld spectrometer is lightweight and intuitively designed, users can operate the spectrometer without computers; measurement data can be displayed and viewed immediately on the spectrometer.
Handheld spectrometer's factory certification includes ISO9001 quality management system, and applying ISO14001 environmental management system and IECQ QC 080000 HSPM hazardous materials process management system. IES Progress Report and Red Dot award winning design, conforms to ISO14001, JIS, DIN and meets IECQ standards, UPRtek's handheld spectrometer total solutions are applicable to various industries such as spectrometer software, wireless card, LED meter, LED light tester and wireless card.
UPRtek has been offering customers high quality spectrometer | LED light tester that are infused with a formula of practicality, mobility, green technology and intelligence. Both with advanced technology and 10 years of experience, UPRtek ensures each customer's demands are met.