Spectrometer Applications Extend to Tunnel Lighting
Tunnel lighting measurement, Tunnel lighting inspection
Do you know UPRtek’s spectrometer guarantees the quality of the project and achieves safety, green, smart and technological goals? In this article we will share the user experience for you. We noticed that UPRtek spectrometer is not only used in landscape lighting and plant lighting, but also in many other fields. It can be said that as long as you have need in measure light, the spectrometer can help you to find the best solution and solve the problems in quality of lighting.
UPRtek Handheld Spectrometer is using for tunnel lighting detection
According to a user of UPRtek spectrometer, he applied UPRtek's spectrometer in tunnel lighting detection. At first, he did not know that the spectrometer could also be used in the field. After having deeper understanding of the product, he found that the spectrometer can be used in road lighting or outdoor lighting to collect and analyze data, and the project can be completed in a more efficient way by using the spectrometer for light measurement.
Luminance vs. Illuminance vs. Tunnel Lighting
Before we learn more about spectrometer applied in tunnel lighting, we need to know the difference between luminance and illuminance, because it is related to the location of the lamps in the tunnel, and it has effect on the safety of driving.
First, luminance is the light source or the object under the light reflects the light into human eye. It is applied in outdoor lighting in general; it considers direction and how much luminance will be determined by the angle and intensity of light, so that human eyes will see different amount of luminance. For the tunnel lighting, the luminance is not high, it is between 1~2nit normally. But for the entrance of the tunnel area is between 120~240nit, which is according to its structure and the type of lighting with different luminance design.
The main use of illuminance is applied in indoor lighting, the measurement and inspection method is easier, and the amount of illuminance is related to light distribution curve and luminous flux. Normally, we were used to or gave suggested specification of the illuminance for office lighting with 500lux.
For the measurement of tunnel lighting, the purpose is to accurately assess whether the driving environment is safe or not, the luminance and uniformity of the road surface are usually used as the main evaluation parameters, and the illuminance value is used to confirm whether the light output of the lamp is reasonable. At last, the ratio of these two indicators are used as a reference for the reflectivity of the road surface, which is the status of road pavement and it will be passed to the road management office for road cleaning and road paving evaluation.
For general road lighting, they will consider the adaptation of bright and dark for human eye. Bright adaptation is when people come from the dark environment to the bright environment, we could adapt the changes very fast, which are through the action of cone-shaped cells; on the other hand, bright adaptation is from bright environment to dark environment, but we adapt the changes lower, which is through the action of rod-shaped cells. Therefore, if the design of tunnel lighting is unreasonable inside the dark tunnel and at the entrance or exit of the tunnel will affect the safety of driving. For example, if the design of tunnel lighting is not enough at the entrance, drivers will see a black scene in the front road, and then step on the brakes as natural reaction. This is called the "black hole effect."
Therefore, before entering the tunnel, there is a luminance meter placed at the safety stopping distance outside the tunnel. It will measure the brightness of the tunnel entrance and the surrounding. The measured data will be used as a reference for switching the light inside the tunnel accordingly and provide a safest and most comfortable road environment to drivers.
UPRtek’s handheld spectrometer used for tunnel lighting inspection
Human eye's perception is different in the daytime and nighttime, and spectrum can analyze the relationship between light source and human eye. At present, the trend of tunnel lighting design has been changed from traditional high-pressure sodium gas lamps to LED lamps. LED lamps are obviously superior to high-pressure sodium gas lamps in terms of S/P vision ratio and color rendering index. Using spectrometer inspect the light in a semi-closed tunnel space, it is not only process the basic LUX measurement, but also could measure the flicker, color tolerance and chromaticity characteristics of the LED lighting fixture accurately. It has a fairly complete analysis and assistance for the tunnel lighting pre-planning and post-acceptance inspection.
It can be seen that the spectrum plays a key role in tunnel lighting. UPRtek's handheld spectrometer is not only measure the spectrum, but also easy to use. As long as you aim at the measurement range, the result will display immediately on the screen, which reduces a lot of time for data analysis and calculating the results. So now you may walk and play around the world with the spectrometer in your hand.
Note1: This article was also issued on WeChat : https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/o60csgnAqsBRBsThyrNKEg
Note2: Released on 2019/06/11
- Related Products
MK350S Premium is a Handheld Spectrometer with Muli-Functions in itself. It's not only a Spectrometer, but also can be a Quantum PAR Meter, Blue light Detector and Oscilloscope. The strong and various functions can make users task quicker and efficiently.
- About Us
- Academic and Iindustrial Applications
- Lighting Industry Application
- LED Industry Application
- OLED Industry Application
- Spectrometer Application
- What’s the difference between Spectroradiometer and Colorimeter?
- How to use UPRtek handheld spectrometer MK350D for remote measurement?
- How to get the latest version firmware on my UPRtek spectrometer?
- How to use UPRtek handheld spectrometer for light measurement?
- How to use the computer to read the measurement data of the SD card in the handheld spectrometer?
- What kind of battery should I use for MF250N Flicker Meter?
- What kind of battery should I use for MK350 Series Sepectrometer?
- What does the abbreviation mean which is used on UPRtek spectrometer?
- Do I need to do dark calibration every time I turn on my spectrometer? And what is dark calibration?
- Does UPRtek Handheld Spectrometers have any international certification?
- Dose UPRtek handheld spectrometer has correlated color temperature (CCT) when measuring monochromatic light?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure UV or IR Spectrum?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure the light that except LED light? Such as: fluorescent lamps (fluorescent lamps) ?
- How long can I use UPRtek handheld spectrometer after battery had fully charged?
- Why the SD card always stuck on the slot while in / out the slot?
- Why my SD card cannot be used on UPRtek handheld spectromter?
- How to download the uSpectrum PC Software?
- How to download the uFlicker PC Software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uSpectrum PC software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uFlicker PC software?
- Do I need to register before I use Wing WiFi card with UPRtek handheld spectrometer?
- How to check saved data at uSpectrum PC software?
- How to make the test report by uSpectrum PC software?
- How to put my company logo on uSpectrum test report?
- How to use the Wing WiFi card for uSpectrum APP wireless measurement?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer will save the data on the same time when I process save data on smart device?
- Where can I find the saved spectrum / CIE images through uSpectrum APPs on smart device after using uSpectrum APPs and save the data?
- What is LED CRI (Color Rendering Index)?
- What is CQS (Color Quality Scale)?
- What is IES TM-30-15?
- What is TLA (Temporal Light Artifacts) ?
- What is Flicker Metrics (Percent Flicker, Flicker Index, SVM) ?
- What is Cosine Correction？
- What is the recommended measuring distance using UPRtek handheld spectrometer?
- Product Q&A
- Contact Us
Spectrometer Inspection and Analysis Software | Handheld Spectrometer Supplier - UPRtek
UPRtek, since 2010, is one of the prime handheld spectrometer manufacturers and their products are infused with a formula of practicality, mobility, green technology and intelligence. Our handheld spectrometer is lightweight and intuitively designed, users can operate the spectrometer without computers; measurement data can be displayed and viewed immediately on the spectrometer.
Handheld spectrometer's factory certification includes ISO9001 quality management system, and applying ISO14001 environmental management system and IECQ QC 080000 HSPM hazardous materials process management system. IES Progress Report and Red Dot award winning design, conforms to ISO14001, JIS, DIN and meets IECQ standards, UPRtek's handheld spectrometer total solutions are applicable to various industries such as spectrometer software, wireless card, LED meter, LED light tester and wireless card.
UPRtek has been offering customers high quality spectrometer | LED light tester that are infused with a formula of practicality, mobility, green technology and intelligence. Both with advanced technology and 8 years of experience, UPRtek ensures each customer's demands are met.