Spectrum and Wavelength Measurements, Spectral Analysis, Light Source Spectral Type Check
Since 2011, UPRtek has been doing the research in spectrum field. In recent years, there are more and more spectrum experts entering to spectrum research field too. What is so special about it so that many people began to put efforts on? According to Wikipedia, each element has its own spectrum so that humans may accord the characteristics of the spectrum to identify each object. For example, an LED white light, it has a high energy in blue spectrum but lack of violet spectrum. For overall, the same batch of white LED lights, the spectrum characters will be the same. So, how can we find out the difference between the same spectral characteristics of the LED? Let's explore the spectrum through UPRtek handheld spectrometer!
Let us check some spectrums of common light sources in our life.
Did you see the differences among above 3 spectral patterns? According to the spectrum diagram, we can clearly see the difference of each type of light. Then, will the spectral pattern be the same for those lamps of same type? Let us see some of the real cases.
We only got 2 different brands of halogen lamp in market since people are barely using it nowadays. See the spectrum diagram above, do you find any difference?
We measured yellow and white light of fluorescent lamps from two brands, total 4 spectrum diagrams as shown above. No matter A or B brands, in the spectrum of yellow light, you can see the red spectrum is higher than white light. On the other hand, in the spectrum of white light, the width of blue spectrum is more than yellow lights. Do you find any difference?
Global warming and environmental awareness are bringing a huge demand on LEDs because it's relatively better for eco environmental protection. We measured 4 LED brands of white and yellow lights (as above spectrum diagrams), did those spectrums help you to get any clues? Today we did not intend to judge which lamp is the best one, but after measuring those same kinds of illuminators and seeing these different spectrums, we can understand that those similar kinds of illuminators will have the similar spectral patterns.
In the end, we would like to share with all our readers a fascinated spectrum which provided by an expert of marine fans, Mr Eiji Myorin. He runs a blog (http://www.1023world.net) for sharing marine and aquarium related articles. Guess, what kind of sea creatures make below spectrum? Mr. Eiji Myorin put waterproof cover on his spectrometer before he dived into the sea and here is the spectrum from a squid. So special, isn't it?
- Related Products
MK350N Premium is a Spectrum Analyzer, LED Meter and Flicker Meter for LED manufacture. Embedded with spectral technology and optimize the LUX measuring range. Overall, the measuring result becomes more accurate which can be your best reliable helper.
Advanced MK350S the 1st handheld Spectrometer cross to muti-industrials. It had more than 40 light measurement units which are CCT, LUX, CRI, CIE1976, CIE1931,PPF, CQS, Duv, LambdaP, S/P ratio, TLCI, GAI... No matter for RD lighting designers, lighting manufactory and quality control, interior light designers, horticulture measurement, cinematographer and health prevention...and so on.MK350S is designed to meet the needs of all users.
MF250N Handheld Spectral Flicker Meter-The 1st Handheld Flicker Meter with spectral technology. It is also a FFT Spectrum Analyzer, Light wave Meter and Frequency Analyzer. It provides 3 major metrics that lighting experts use to fight Flicker and ensure the light quality.
CV600 - All purpose Professional Cinematic and Photographic Light meter. It is not only a Light meter, but also a Color meter, Cine meter and Exposure meter a quicker, more efficient measurements for cinematographer, videographer, video makers, and film producers to capture every life moment!
UPRtek Compact MK350D is the pocket-Sized spectrometer in the world and released in 2014. It is only 70g and easy to carry. Measurement light units are more than 27, such as CCT, LUX, CRI, CIE1976 u, v’, CIE1931 x, y, Spectrum diagram, Percent Flicker and others. Until now, MK350D is standalone, the lightest Bluetooth smart control Handheld Spectrometer and Flicker Meter.
The plant growth's success formula - PPFD (photosynthetic photon flux density) What is PPFD? It means how many photons hit a defined area in one second. PPFD is the unit of measure, defined by μmol/m2/s or micro-moles of photons falling on a square meter per second. Plant has various species and different categories which have different PPFD requirements.Normally, Photosynthetically available Radiation (PAR) wavelength is 400nm - 700nm. The light intensity has valuable effects on the plant due to the different wavelengths.
- About Us
- Industry Category
- Measureent Case Study
Product - Handheld Spectrometer
- Is there any international certification for UPRtek Handheld Spectrometers?
- What kind of battery should I use for MF250N?
- Why the SD card always stuck on the slot while in / out the slot?
- How long can I use UPRtek handheld spectrometer after battery had fully charged?
- Why my SD card cannot be used on UPRtek handheld spectromter?
- How to use the computer to read the measurement data of the SD card in the handheld spectrometer?
Product - uSpectrum SW
- How to download the uSpectrum PC Software?
- How to download the uFlicker PC Software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uSpectrum PC software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uFlicker PC software?
- How can I make the test report by uSpectrum PC software?
- Can I put my company logo on uSpectrum test report?
Product - Wing WiFi Card
- Do I need to register before I use Wing WiFi card with UPRtek handheld spectrometer?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer will save the data on the same time when I process save data on smart device?
- After using uSpectrum APPs and save the data, where can I find the saved spectrum / CIE images through uSpectrum APPs on smart device?
Product - Measuring Light
- Dose UPRtek handheld spectrometer has coorected color temperature (CCT) when measuring monochromatic light?
- Could UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure the UV or IR Spectrum?
- Could UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure the light that except LED light? Such as: fluorescent lamps (fluorescent lamps) ?
- What is dark calibration? Do I need to do dark calibration every time I turn on my spectrometer?
- Knowledge - Artificial Light
- Knowledge - Light
- Knowledge - Color
- Knowledge - Tech Notes
- Product - Handheld Spectrometer
- Contact Us
Spectrometer Software | Spectrometer Supplier - UPRtek
Based in Taiwan, UPRtek is one of the prime spectrometer manufacturers since 2010.
Award winning, conforms to ISO14001, JIS, DIN and meets IECQ standards, along with handheld spectrometer and smart controller, UPRtek has also developed products that are applicable to various industries such as spectrometer software, wireless card, LED meter, LED light tester and wireless card.
UPRtek has been offering customers high quality spectrometer | LED light tester that are infused with a formula of practicality, mobility, green technology and intelligence. Both with advanced technology and 8 years of experience, UPRtek ensures each customer's demands are met.