What is CQS (Color Quality Scale)?
The CQS（Color Quality Scale）is a new light source quality parameter developed by NIST （National Institute of Standards and Technology）for the new solid-state lighting markets.
As we mentioned in the article on what is Color Rendering Index, since CRI proposed by the International Commission on Illumination caused some problems with the use of unsaturated colors and a small amount of sample colors. CQS is using higher saturation color, and proposed 15 new colors to evaluate the light source, the value of 100 represents the best quality of the light source, 0 represents the worst light source quality.
- Related Products
MK350S Premium is a Handheld Spectrometer with Muli-Functions in itself.It's not only a Spectrometer, but also can be a Quantum PAR Meter, and Oscilloscope.Especially we add the BLH Judgement feature in it which's the latest popular topic and requirement for the Lighting industry.The strong and various functions can make users task quicker and efficiently.
MK350N Premium is a Spectrum Analyzer, LED Meter and Flicker Meter for LED manufacture. Embedded with spectral technology and optimize the LUX measuring range. Overall, the measuring result becomes more accurate which can be your best reliable helper.
UPRtek Compact MK350D is the pocket-Sized spectrometer in the world and released in 2014. It is only 70g and easy to carry. Measurement light units are more than 27, such as CCT, LUX, CRI, CIE1976 u, v’, CIE1931 x, y, Spectrum diagram, Percent Flicker and others. Until now, MK350D is standalone, the lightest Bluetooth smart control Handheld Spectrometer and Flicker Meter.
CV600 - All purpose Professional Cinematic and Photographic Light meter. It is not only a Light meter, but also a Color meter, Cine meter and Exposure meter a quicker, more efficient measurements for cinematographer, videographer, video makers, and film producers to capture every life moment!
PG100N Handheld Spectral PAR meter is focused on achieving the demands of agricultural field. It shows its own advantages of measuring functions ,such as spectrum, PPFD and PFD so that users can utilize these parameters in the plant factories. Meanwhile, PG100N Spectral PAR Meter offers the analysis report for users to understand the ambient light requirement of plant growth, timely adjust the artificial light source to make sure the efficiency of the agricultural production, safty, achieve a scientific, intelligent agricultural environment.
Advanced MK350S the 1st handheld Spectrometer cross to muti-industrials. It had more than 40 light measurement units which are CCT, LUX, CRI, CIE1976, CIE1931,PPF, CQS, Duv, LambdaP, S/P ratio, TLCI, GAI... No matter for RD lighting designers, lighting manufactory and quality control, interior light designers, horticulture measurement, cinematographer and health prevention...and so on.MK350S is designed to meet the needs of all users.
MK350N Spectrometer is the first portable LED Meter which can be used without a computer for evaluation of artificial light sources, such as LED, OLED and others. In addition, it can easily measure CCT, CRI, CIE1931/1976 and spectrum distribution and others. It is a Spectrum Analyzer and LED Meter for LED manufacture.
MK350N PLUS is the LED meter for LED Manufacturer. It included more than 40 light measurement units such as CCT, CRI, CIE1931/1976, LUX, TLCI and others. Assist you to discover new business opportunities on innovation and green LED technology. It is a Spectrum Analyzer, LED Meter and Flicker Meter for LED manufacture.
- Related FAQ
- Color Rendering Index (CRI) is the degree of color perception by the naked human eye under two light sources:light source and sunlight. If the color performance of you artificial light source is close to that of sunlight, the color perceived by the human eye becomes closer to being real which is called " Color Fidelity".UPRtek handheld spectrometer series all provide the color evaluation function -CRI. The UI is intuitive and simple to make your lighting analysis more efficient. It is recommended to lighting manufacturers, academic researchers and lighting designers. For example, if broadcast lighting CRI value is more than 95 grade, we think this light is excellent. Howver, following the technological innovation, people are more strict on color quality requirement and the CRI index still remains the color perception problem. Please refer to the further explanation below: Read MoreThe Technical Memorandum, TM-30-15, the new method published by IES in 2015 and has been proposed to the CIE. This new color evaluation function is expected to provide the angle of technological innovation for light source measuring, furthermore, it can help users analyze the color characteristics of the modern and the traditional solid-state light source, and thus enhance the fairness and accuracy of the measurement. Read MoreAn undesired change in visual perception induced by a light stimulus whose luminance or spectral distribution fluctuates with time, for an observer in a certain environment. Read MoreThis article compares three flicker metrics regarding percent flicker, flicker index and SVM. The comparison includes the definition comes from which organization, the definition of itself, calculation formula and the description of the range. If you want to know more about which products have related measurement functions, please click on the relative products tab. Read MoreCosine is a mathematical function used to calculate and specify the characteristics (length & angles) of triangles (Trigonometry). Below right picture is the cosine correction comparison between MK350S Premium and Lambert’s Cosine Law. The ideal value of the red circle was described by Johann Hein¬rich Lambert in 1760 and is called “Lambert’s Cosine Law”. Basically it shows how light intensity changes as the angle of the light changes. MK350S Premium cosine receiver is the blue circle; the optimized cosine and Lambert's cosine law are almost overlapped. It is more in line with international standards for illuminance measurement - JIS AA and DIN B standards and reduced measurement errors effectively. Read MoreIt depends on users’application needs. Users can adjust the distance of measuring based on their requirements. For example, when a designer sets up the internal lighting and finds out that the light intensity is insufficient in a specific area, the general practices are to increase the numbers of the lights or adjust the installation of height from above to below to make the best display of the whole area. In the same way, you can fix it reversely when lights emit too much intensities. Therefore, users can quantify the light source, get the illuminance value (Lux) with MK350 series handheld spectrometers as well as adjust the numbers and height of the fixtures based on their needs on the current lighting demands. MK350 handheld spectrometers are the best helper to detect the light quality and intensity changes which improve the lighting visual experiences and meet the requirements of the energy saving needs. Read More
- About Us
- Industry Category
- Measurement Case Study
- How to get the latest version firmware on my UPRtek spectrometer?
- How to use UPRtek handheld spectrometer for light measurement?
- How to use the computer to read the measurement data of the SD card in the handheld spectrometer?
- What kind of battery should I use for MF250N Flicker Meter?
- What kind of battery should I use for MK350 Series Sepectrometer?
- What does the abbreviation mean which is used on UPRtek spectrometer?
- Do I need to do dark calibration every time I turn on my spectrometer? And what is dark calibration?
- Does UPRtek Handheld Spectrometers have any international certification?
- Dose UPRtek handheld spectrometer has coorected color temperature (CCT) when measuring monochromatic light?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure UV or IR Spectrum?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure the light that except LED light? Such as: fluorescent lamps (fluorescent lamps) ?
- How long can I use UPRtek handheld spectrometer after battery had fully charged?
- Why the SD card always stuck on the slot while in / out the slot?
- Why my SD card cannot be used on UPRtek handheld spectromter?
- How to download the uSpectrum PC Software?
- How to download the uFlicker PC Software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uSpectrum PC software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uFlicker PC software?
- Do I need to register before I use Wing WiFi card with UPRtek handheld spectrometer?
- How to check saved data at uSpectrum PC software?
- How to make the test report by uSpectrum PC software?
- How to put my company logo on uSpectrum test report?
- How to use the Wing WiFi card for uSpectrum APP wireless measurement?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer will save the data on the same time when I process save data on smart device?
- Where can I find the saved spectrum / CIE images through uSpectrum APPs on smart device after using uSpectrum APPs and save the data?
- What is LED CRI (Color Rendering Index)?
- What is CQS (Color Quality Scale)?
- What is IES TM-30-15?
- What is TLA (Temporal Light Artifacts) ?
- What is Flicker Metrics (Percent Flicker, Flicker Index, SVM) ?
- What is Cosine Correction？
- What is the recommended measuring distance using UPRtek handheld spectrometer?
- Product Q&A
- Contact Us
UPRtek What is CQS (Color Quality Scale)? Introduction
United Power Research Technology Corp. is Taiwan supplier and manufacturer in Optoelectronics Industry. UPRtek has been offering our customers high quality Spectrometer, Color Meter, Spectral PAR Meter, Spectral Color Meter, Spectrum, LED Meter, Spectradiometer, LED Measurement, LED light testing since 2010. With both advanced technology and 8 years experience, UPRtek always make sure to meet each customer's demand.