What is Flicker Metrics (Percent Flicker, Flicker Index, SVM) ?
|Index||Defined by||Definition Point||Formula||Index range|
|Percent Flicker||Illuminating Engineering Society (IES)||A relative measure of the cyclic variation in the amplitude of a light.||0% ~ 100%|
The lower the percent flicker, the less substantial the flicker.
|Flicker Index||Illuminating Engineering Society (IES)||A measure of the cyclic variation taking into account the shape of the waveform.||0 ~ 1|
The lower the flicker index, the less substantial the flicker.
|SVM (Stroboscopic Effect Visibility Measure)||PHILIPS & CIE||Time domain → frequency domain.|
Summation of weighted Fourier components
|SVM < 1，Not Visible|
SVM > 1，Visible
SVM = 1，Just Visible
- About Us
- Case Study
- Application Videos
Product - Handheld Spectrometer
- Is there any international certification for UPRtek Handheld Spectrometers?
- What kind of battery should I use for MF250N?
- Why the SD card always stuck on the slot while in / out the slot?
- How long can I use UPRtek handheld spectrometer after battery had fully charged?
- Why my SD card cannot be used on UPRtek handheld spectromter?
- Product - uSpectrum SW
- Product - Wing WiFi Card
- Product - Measuring Light
- Knowledge - Artificial Light
- Knowledge - Light
- Knowledge - Color
- Knowledge - Tech Notes
- Product - Handheld Spectrometer
- Contact Us
UPRtek What is Flicker Metrics (Percent Flicker, Flicker Index, SVM) ? Introduction
United Power Research Technology Corp. is Taiwan supplier and manufacturer in Optoelectronics Industry. UPRtek has been offering our customers high quality Spectrometer, Color Meter, Spectral PAR Meter, Spectral Color Meter, Spectrum, LED Meter, Spectradiometer, LED Measurement, LED light testing since 2010. With both advanced technology and 8 years experience, UPRtek always make sure to meet each customer's demand.