What is IES TM-30-15?
The Technical Memorandum, TM-30-15, the new method published by IES in 2015 and has been proposed to the CIE. This new color evaluation function is expected to provide the angle of technological innovation for light source measuring, furthermore, it can help users analyze the color characteristics of the modern and the traditional solid-state light source, and thus enhance the fairness and accuracy of the measurement.
|Color Metric||Color Fidelity Index (Rf)
Color Gamut Score (Rg)
Color Vector Graphic
(Use same reference sources, but blended between 4500K and 5500K)
|Scores||Rf: 0 ~ 100 (fidelity)
Rg: 0 ~ 140 (Gamut)
TM-30-15, which considers 99 real-world objects having a variety of colors - these were carefully chosen for their reflectance properties. (Based on 105,000 objects)
TM-30-15 including Color Vector Graphic, Color Fidelity Index (Rf) and Color Gamut Score (Rg)
Color vector graphicsColor vector graphics use visual description to tell us the changes of hue and saturation. The graph below tells us how various colors are distorted.
The above 3 lights are close to color temperature 3500K
If we use them on plant landscaping, and we expect to bring people a greenery feeling.
Red line: test source (Light A, B, C)
Black line: reference illuminant
For A light on the color Vector Graphic:
Red circle on the green gamut is outside black circle; it means green color is over-saturation.
For B light on the color Vector Graphic:
Red circle on the green gamut is inside the black circle; it means green color is under-saturation.
For C light on the color Vector Graphic:
Red circle on the green gamut is overlap on black circle; it means green color is close to true color.
Users could accord TM-30-15 measure data to determine the effects of saturation and color of the light source.
Color Fidelity Index (Rf)
Fidelity index Rf indicates whether a light source near to natural or not.
Rf = 100 (maximum), colors are most real as the "natural" color.
Rf = 0 (minimum), color shifts occur make seriously color aberration.
Color Gamut Score (Rg)
Gamut index Rg indicates whether a light source over or under saturation.
Rg = 100, it means no average change in saturation.
Rg > 100, it means the saturation tends to be increased.
Rg < 100, it means the saturation tends to be decreased.
We hope you can get a basic knowledge from above information of TM-30-15. UPRtek also add this function into our product to let customers get the most updated technology. For more information, please visit : MK350S Advanced Spectrometer.
- Related Products
CV600 - All purpose Professional Cinematic and Photographic Light meter. It is not only a Light meter, but also a Color meter, Cine meter and Exposure meter a quicker, more efficient measurements for cinematographer, videographer, video makers, and film producers to capture every life moment!
MK350N Premium is a Spectrum Analyzer, LED Meter and Flicker Meter for LED manufacture. Embedded with spectral technology and optimize the LUX measuring range. Overall, the measuring result becomes more accurate which can be your best reliable helper.
Advanced MK350S the 1st handheld Spectrometer cross to muti-industrials. It had more than 40 light measurement units which are CCT, LUX, CRI, CIE1976, CIE1931,PPF, CQS, Duv, LambdaP, S/P ratio, TLCI, GAI... No matter for RD lighting designers, lighting manufactory and quality control, interior light designers, horticulture measurement, cinematographer and health prevention...and so on.MK350S is designed to meet the needs of all users.
MK350S Premium is a Handheld Spectrometer with Muli-Functions in itself. It's not only a Spectrometer, but also can be a Quantum PAR Meter, and Oscilloscope. Especially we add the BLH Judgement feature in it which's the latest popular topic and requirement for the Lighting industry. The strong and various functions can make users task quicker and efficiently.
MK350N PLUS is the LED meter for LED Manufacturer. It included more than 40 light measurement units such as CCT, CRI, CIE1931/1976, LUX, TLCI and others. Assist you to discover new business opportunities on innovation and green LED technology. It is a Spectrum Analyzer, LED Meter and Flicker Meter for LED manufacture.
- Related FAQ
Let us first explain that the color is come from light by Newton's experiment of simulating the phenomenon of rainbows; then, after the light enters the human eye, photoreceptor cells will receive and act on the light for colors from the object; at last, let’s explore what happened when the light hits on the object, through the dance of light - Reflection, Absorption and Transmission to have further understand the color. In addition, since the judgment of the color is not the same by each person, through UPRtek spectrometer to determine the color consistency, color rendering and saturation...etc. Let’s agree to disagree. Read More
- About Us
- Industry Category
- Measurement Case Study
Product - Handheld Spectrometer
- Is there any international certification for UPRtek Handheld Spectrometers?
- How to get the latest version firmware on my UPRtek spectrometer?
- What kind of battery should I use for MF250N?
- Why the SD card always stuck on the slot while in / out the slot?
- How long can I use UPRtek handheld spectrometer after battery had fully charged?
- Why my SD card cannot be used on UPRtek handheld spectromter?
- How to use the computer to read the measurement data of the SD card in the handheld spectrometer?
Product - uSpectrum SW
- How to download the uSpectrum PC Software?
- How to download the uFlicker PC Software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uSpectrum PC software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uFlicker PC software?
- How can I make the test report by uSpectrum PC software?
- Can I put my company logo on uSpectrum test report?
Product - Wing WiFi Card
- Do I need to register before I use Wing WiFi card with UPRtek handheld spectrometer?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer will save the data on the same time when I process save data on smart device?
- After using uSpectrum APPs and save the data, where can I find the saved spectrum / CIE images through uSpectrum APPs on smart device?
Product - Measuring Light
- Dose UPRtek handheld spectrometer has coorected color temperature (CCT) when measuring monochromatic light?
- Could UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure the UV or IR Spectrum?
- Could UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure the light that except LED light? Such as: fluorescent lamps (fluorescent lamps) ?
- What is dark calibration? Do I need to do dark calibration every time I turn on my spectrometer?
- Knowledge - Artificial Light
- Knowledge - Light
- Knowledge - Color
- Knowledge - Tech Notes
- Product - Handheld Spectrometer
- Contact Us
UPRtek What is IES TM-30-15? Introduction
United Power Research Technology Corp. is Taiwan supplier and manufacturer in Optoelectronics Industry. UPRtek has been offering our customers high quality Spectrometer, Color Meter, Spectral PAR Meter, Spectral Color Meter, Spectrum, LED Meter, Spectradiometer, LED Measurement, LED light testing since 2010. With both advanced technology and 8 years experience, UPRtek always make sure to meet each customer's demand.