PG200N FW update ver.1.1.0.B35 – PSS draw you closer to Sunlight!2020/05/29 UPRtek
Add the new metric - PSS, GRID mode and COMPARE mode
In 2020 of May, UPRtek updated PG200N FW ver.1.1.0.B35, which is focusing on the new metric PPS (Phytochrome Photostationary State, hereinafter referred to as PSS) to assist plant factories and agricultural lamps development. In addition, PG200N has added two functions of GRID analysis mode and COMPARE mode in this update. On the same time, PG200N adds new PSS indicators in BASIC and COMPARE modes. Every effort UPRtek has made on PG200N is expecting to help users of agricultural applications field has a fruitful outcome by a little we water every time.
Can artificial lights replace sunlight?We know that plants need sunlight to grow, and when sunlight is not enough and indoor crops are planted, humans try to replace sunlight with artificial light to meet the needs of plants. However, the new developments in artificial light sources used in plant growth just started until handheld light measuring instruments is common in use. Taking PG200N as an example, it subdivides a beam of light seen by human eye into colorful light, and the LED light source can be adjusted according to the needs of plants. These two technologies used in indoor planting were met on the right time, so, analysis the characteristics of light and the reaction of plants to receive light have become the basic skills on the science and technology agriculture, and the artificial light replaces sunlight can be expected soon.
Phytochrome Photostationary State , PSS draw you closer to Sunlight!egarding UPRtek's new indicator PSS, this is a result of continuous listening and good communication between UPRtek and customers. The thing started like this. A user of PG200N, he is from a Dutch manufacturer specializing in plant imagery. He told us: " PSS takes into account the Phytochrome in the Red and in the Far Red. This will tell you how close your LED lamp is to the sun based on the PSS value. Some plants like cucumber need a really good PSS number so they will grow well.” And then, after many documents researched and discussed time after time internally, including confirming demand with related industries. NOW, UPRtek sincerely invite you to try the new PSS indicator of PG200N and see how close your LED light is to sunlight!
PSS indicator is closely related to the growth of plantsFirst, we divide a beam of light into three main colors red, green, and blue, and the PSS indicator mainly discusses red light and far red light. Then, here is a briefly introduces the PSS indicator, which mainly includes Phytochrome A Red(Pr) and Phytochrome A Far Red(Pfr). Here is an example. A newborn children can grow up by drinking milk to get nutrition, and growing up means the development of body organs, just like after the completion of gastrointestinal development, the baby can then enter the stage of eating solid food and absorb more nutrients, and more nutrients let the baby grow up into adults gradually. Plants have two proteins, Pr and Pfr inside. Let’s compare it to an organ for humans to absorb nutrients. Then imagine that Pr and Pfr absorb two kinds of foods, red light and far red light, respectively. Pr and Pfr absorb enough light sources to grow up.
** Phytochrome A RedThis is a kind of pigment in the plant, the component is protein, and the absorption of red light will be converted into the pigment Pfr that absorbs far red light. Plants mainly receive external light signals through photochrome to regulate their own growth, development and flowering.
** Phytochrome A Far RedThis is a kind of pigment in the plant. The component is protein. Absorption of far-red light will drive the pigment to turn into a form of red light absorption Pr. Plants mainly receive external light signals through photochrome to regulate their own growth, development and flowering.
GRID modeAs we mentioned above, the basic skills of light analysis can improve the design of artificial light. What is the difference between the existing COMPARE analysis and LOGGING continuous measurement analysis of the PG200N and the new GRID analysis function? We will explain the differences below.
Press Contacts：Nicole Yu
- Academic and Iindustrial Applications
- Lighting Industry Application
- LED Industry Application
- OLED Industry Application
- Spectrometer Application
- What’s the difference between Spectroradiometer and Colorimeter?
- How to use UPRtek handheld spectrometer MK350D for remote measurement?
- How to get the latest version firmware on my UPRtek spectrometer?
- How to use UPRtek handheld spectrometer for light measurement?
- How to use the computer to read the measurement data of the SD card in the handheld spectrometer?
- What kind of battery should I use for MF250N Flicker Meter?
- What kind of battery should I use for MK350 Series Sepectrometer?
- What does the abbreviation mean which is used on UPRtek spectrometer?
- Do I need to do dark calibration every time I turn on my spectrometer? And what is dark calibration?
- Does UPRtek Handheld Spectrometers have any international certification?
- Dose UPRtek handheld spectrometer has correlated color temperature (CCT) when measuring monochromatic light?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure UV or IR Spectrum?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure the light that except LED light? Such as: fluorescent lamps (fluorescent lamps) ?
- How long can I use UPRtek handheld spectrometer after battery had fully charged?
- Why the SD card always stuck on the slot while in / out the slot?
- Why my SD card cannot be used on UPRtek handheld spectromter?
- How to download the uSpectrum PC Software?
- How to download the uFlicker PC Software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uSpectrum PC software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uFlicker PC software?
- Do I need to register before I use Wing WiFi card with UPRtek handheld spectrometer?
- How to check saved data at uSpectrum PC software?
- How to make the test report by uSpectrum PC software?
- How to put my company logo on uSpectrum test report?
- How to use the Wing WiFi card for uSpectrum APP wireless measurement?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer will save the data on the same time when I process save data on smart device?
- Where can I find the saved spectrum / CIE images through uSpectrum APPs on smart device after using uSpectrum APPs and save the data?
- What is LED CRI (Color Rendering Index)?
- What is CQS (Color Quality Scale)?
- What is IES TM-30-15?
- What is TLA (Temporal Light Artifacts) ?
- What is Flicker Metrics (Percent Flicker, Flicker Index, SVM) ?
- What is Cosine Correction？
- What is the recommended measuring distance using UPRtek handheld spectrometer?
- Product Q&A
UPRtek PG200N FW update ver.1.1.0.B35 – PSS draw you closer to Sunlight! Introduction
United Power Research Technology Corp. is Taiwan supplier and manufacturer in Optoelectronics Industry. UPRtek has been offering our customers high quality Spectrometer, Color Meter, Spectral PAR Meter, Spectral Color Meter, Spectrum, LED Meter, Spectradiometer, LED Measurement, LED light testing since 2010. With both advanced technology and 10 years experience, UPRtek always make sure to meet each customer's demand.