Repair & Warranty
Repair Application and Warranty Service
UPRtek provides replacement or repair services to our customers for defective products with the applicable warranty period.
Please follow the instruction and submit your online requirement.
RMA No. will be provided after UPRtek receives the application. Users may use the RMA No. to check the calibration status.
2. Time Table Chart
*RMA No. will be provided after UPRtek receives the application. Users may use the RMA No. to check the calibration status.
RMA No., Ex : R-1608001
Remark 1 : Working days exclude weekends and holidays.
Remark 2 : UPRtek will provide the quotation in 2 ~ 3 working days after receiving customers' application. Upon receipt of the quotation, users need to confirm the quotation within 2 working days, the application and quotation is no longer valid. UPRtek will cancel this Calibration service. UPRtek will start the calibration service after receiving the confirmation and payment for calibration fee from users. Calibration service will take 5 ~ 7 working days.
3. Standard Work Flow Chart
3-1. Product Warranty Terms
UPRtek declare that our 3-year warranty program has launched now, especially for the clients purchasing our product from 1st Jan, 2018.UPRtek provides replacement or repair services to our customers for defective products within the valid warranty period.
1. DOA (Dead on Arrival) Returns:
In the event that you receive a product that is not working properly or is defective, you should notify our service staff upon receipt of the products. If defects in the product are discovered within 7 days after receiving the product (except those due to willful damage or customer misuse), you should notify us by email, facsimile, or phone immediately upon noticing the defect, so we can process the return as a DOA product. You will be issued a DOA number accordingly.
DOA products must be returned within 30 days of purchase and in original condition. For products considered as "Dead on Arrival", we will replace it with a new product (in whole package) at no charge and pay return and re-delivery shipping costs. International customers should allow for additional transit time due to international customs clearance.
2. RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization):
For merchandise sent for repair or replacement with or without warranty, you must first obtain an RMA number by contacting our service staff by mail. The following information is required in order to complete your RMA request: company name, contact person, phone number and e-mail, customer ship-to address, product model number, serial number, and a brief description of the problem you are experiencing with the product you wish to return.
All returned products will be tested by our professional technicians to verify the complaint / defect in question. However, if the defect in question cannot be found by our technicians, you are responsible for paying a testing fee plus shipping fee for NDF (No-Defect Found) products.
Claims for loss or damage during shipment must be made to the courier by the customer. For your protection, we strongly recommend that you fully insure your return shipment for damages. Please use a courier that is able to provide you with proof of delivery.
Limitation of Warranty
Please note that UPRtek is not responsible for providing repairs under warranty if the product defect is caused by any of the following factors:
1. Damage caused by natural calamity or any inappropriate usage.
2. Product has been repaired or taken apart by unauthorized technicians.
3. The warranty label is altered, damaged or missing.
4. Product serial number does not conform to our original system or the label has been damaged.
UPRtek shall in no event be liable for any defect, damage or data loss that has occurred during the delivery of in-warranty products. Prior to claiming warranty service, UPRtek recommends that you make a backup of your data and remove your data from in-warranty products.
Under the maximum allowable range of applicable laws and regulations, any business loss, expected cost loss, data disappearance, or any other indirect, accidental, or derived loss or damages due to the utilization of or related to the company product, shall not be the responsibility of UPRtek for any compensation.
Customers Eligible for Warranty Service
UPRtek warranty policy applies to all customers who purchased from either UPRtek or through authorized agents of UPRtek.
Duration of Warranty
1. Handheld Spectrometer product host:
The Handheld Spectrometer product all come with a 3-year product warranty.
UPRtek RMA policy is only for LED Meter repair and does not cover maintenance or calibration services (aside from one time free calibration on extended warranty). The policy also does not cover accessories like tripods and straps, nor does it cover consumable items like batteries.
Authorized Distributor/ Dealer Services
Product-based functional testing -Performed by distributors and dealers to determine whether the product needs to be returned to the factory for further calibration services or technical repairs (All UPRtek authorized distributors/dealers have a right to perform "Product-based functional testing" for a reasonable charge).
RMA product delivery to and from factory - Distributors/dealers can assist customers in sending/receiving RMA products to/from the UPRtek factory.
Authorized distributors/ dealers are listed on our website.
Product parts and components are not always manufactured by UPRtek. On occasion , these 3rd party components may need to be replaced but are already discontinued by the supplier. In this case, UPRtek assures customers that it will fulfill it’s repair and replacement responsibilities by using substitute parts or components of equal level and quality.
Consumers can choose either of the two methods indicated below to return the product to the factory for RMA Service:
Customers can send the products through UPRtek global distribution channels that will send and return the products to the factory for repair and warranty service.
Customers can return the product directly to the UPRtek factory for servicing.
UPRtek Address : NO.38, KEYI STREET, ZHUNAN TOWNSHIP, MIAOLI COUNTY 35059, TAIWAN
Rules on Product Repairs After The Warranty Period
UPRtek provides product services after warranty expiration at reasonable charges. In case of product defects, the customers are still able to send products back to the UPRtek factory for service. The repair charges will be based on the type of defect, and in some cases, maintenance fees will be charged.
However, purchasing a new product is advised under these conditions:
If the Handheld Spectrometer product or its accessories are no longer available.
If the product functionality is almost certain to be impossible to recover from (e.g. total immersion in water, undergoing extreme electrical shock, severe contamination or corrosion damage).
If the product was dropped or sustained such a traumatic impact causing major structural damage, or if our technicians determine that normal functionality cannot be recovered even after major component replacement.
If multiple parts simultaneously fail due to normal wear and tear, or poor handling. Even if the product is within the service period of the warranty, yet parts are no longer available.
UPRtek EOL Products Supported for Repair
Typical Timing of EOS (End of Support). Five (5) years after EOL (End of Life).
During 5 years of EOL ,UPRtek will retain product parts and provide repair services. Terms of payment are to be arranged. Fees include all, not only parts costs, repair service fees, and shipping charges listed here.
During the EOL period, if customers modify the device or UPRtek lacks the components, we won’t provide repair services anymore.
After EOS Date, UPRtek will no longer accept all after-service such as repairs, inspections, calibrations, firmware and software updates, etc.
We suggest customers to early confirm the situation of device for repair and get alternative evaluation within 3 months before EOS Date.
UPRtek EOL & EOS Products List
4. Tracking Progress Inquiry
Please enter your RMA No. (R-XXXXXXX) and email address. Then, Submit your inquiry letter. UPRtek will reply it within 3 days.
RMA No., Example : R-1608001
- About Us
- Academic and Iindustrial Applications
- Lighting Industry Application
- LED Industry Application
- OLED Industry Application
- Spectrometer Application
- What’s the difference between Spectroradiometer and Colorimeter?
- How to use UPRtek handheld spectrometer MK350D for remote measurement?
- How to get the latest version firmware on my UPRtek spectrometer?
- How to use UPRtek handheld spectrometer for light measurement?
- How to use the computer to read the measurement data of the SD card in the handheld spectrometer?
- What kind of battery should I use for MF250N Flicker Meter?
- What kind of battery should I use for MK350 Series Sepectrometer?
- What does the abbreviation mean which is used on UPRtek spectrometer?
- Do I need to do dark calibration every time I turn on my spectrometer? And what is dark calibration?
- Does UPRtek Handheld Spectrometers have any international certification?
- Dose UPRtek handheld spectrometer has correlated color temperature (CCT) when measuring monochromatic light?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure UV or IR Spectrum?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer measure the light that except LED light? Such as: fluorescent lamps (fluorescent lamps) ?
- How long can I use UPRtek handheld spectrometer after battery had fully charged?
- Why the SD card always stuck on the slot while in / out the slot?
- Why my SD card cannot be used on UPRtek handheld spectromter?
- How to download the uSpectrum PC Software?
- How to download the uFlicker PC Software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uSpectrum PC software?
- Is my handheld spectrometer compatible with uFlicker PC software?
- Do I need to register before I use Wing WiFi card with UPRtek handheld spectrometer?
- How to check saved data at uSpectrum PC software?
- How to make the test report by uSpectrum PC software?
- How to put my company logo on uSpectrum test report?
- How to use the Wing WiFi card for uSpectrum APP wireless measurement?
- Does UPRtek handheld spectrometer will save the data on the same time when I process save data on smart device?
- Where can I find the saved spectrum / CIE images through uSpectrum APPs on smart device after using uSpectrum APPs and save the data?
- What is LED CRI (Color Rendering Index)?
- What is CQS (Color Quality Scale)?
- What is IES TM-30-15?
- What is TLA (Temporal Light Artifacts) ?
- What is Flicker Metrics (Percent Flicker, Flicker Index, SVM) ?
- What is Cosine Correction？
- What is the recommended measuring distance using UPRtek handheld spectrometer?
- Product Q&A
- Contact Us
Spectrometer Inspection and Analysis Software | Handheld Spectrometer Supplier - UPRtek
UPRtek, since 2010, is one of the prime handheld spectrometer manufacturers and their products are infused with a formula of practicality, mobility, green technology and intelligence. Our handheld spectrometer is lightweight and intuitively designed, users can operate the spectrometer without computers; measurement data can be displayed and viewed immediately on the spectrometer.
Handheld spectrometer's factory certification includes ISO9001 quality management system, and applying ISO14001 environmental management system and IECQ QC 080000 HSPM hazardous materials process management system. IES Progress Report and Red Dot award winning design, conforms to ISO14001, JIS, DIN and meets IECQ standards, UPRtek's handheld spectrometer total solutions are applicable to various industries such as spectrometer software, wireless card, LED meter, LED light tester and wireless card.
UPRtek has been offering customers high quality spectrometer | LED light tester that are infused with a formula of practicality, mobility, green technology and intelligence. Both with advanced technology and 8 years of experience, UPRtek ensures each customer's demands are met.